Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo HOP launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo HOP promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo HOP are building a network of stores across London, the UK and other markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo HOP and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo HOP team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
We are looking for an outstanding Global Head of Construction to build and lead a team of project managers across the UK, Europe, Middle East & APAC to deliver our significant expansion pipeline. You’ll shape the construction strategy for each market, ensuring the highest standards and deadlines are met. Success in this role will require the development of effective working relationships with senior leaders across commercial, operations, strategy & property.
What you’ll be doing
- You will form a well defined strategic plan for all new delivery site openings
- You will form and manage a team of internal and external project managers, consultants and suppliers tasked with delivering the full project lifecycle
- You will develop, implement and reinvent processes to ensure the pipeline is well executed at all stages across all markets
- You will be overseeing the creation and control of fit out budgets
- You will actively value engineer specifications and promote a frugal culture
- You will provide input for growth in the wider department
- You will be coaching, give direction and provide leadership support to the project management team
- You will influence, maintain & enforce health & safety compliance
- You will oversee and collate post project reviews to establish learnings and best practice
- You will effectively communicate with key stakeholders, through accurate and timely reporting
- You will be responsible for maintaining our compliance with all statutory legislation
- You will manage dependencies, resources and scheduling constraints, and any issues across multiple projects
The role requires excellent project and team management skills with a strong track-record of hitting and exceeding business targets/deadlines and building and culturing a Global team. We are looking for someone with:
- MRICS qualification (preferably P&D route) with at least 5 years PQE
- 5+ years head of department experience
- Excellent programme and project management skills with the ability to build systems and processes to manage a large and complex pipeline
- Experience managing cross border and multi country orgs and people
- A Global project portfolio
- Proven success managing, motivating, developing and inspiring a remote team
- Food retail, logistics or retail experience
- A hands on mentality and approach to problem solving and execution
- The ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project management and change management processes
- Flexibility and available for International travel as required
- An entrepreneurial streak
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.