Senior Finance Manager
We’re looking for talented people to join our expanding Finance function. As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows every day, we need dynamic, entrepreneurial, analytical thinkers to support the business. This role reports to our Group Financial Controller
This is a pivotal role on the accounting and financial reporting team, responsible for a significant part of our core business.
What you'll be doing
- Oversee and review the month end reporting, preparing the monthly pack for the consolidation team.
- Work alongside the other financial reporting heads, to ensure month end is completed on time across the group.
- Ensure financial controls are operational across all parts of the European accounting functions.
- Lead the local audits and contribute to the Group audit; contribute to any tax inspections.
- Ensure that the business is adopting and adhering to new accounting standards, and new business ventures are accounted for in accordance with IFRS.
- Oversee the preparation of local stats and ensure they are filed on time.
- Lead a small team, responsible for performance management, training, reviewing work and coaching.
- Lead certain ad hoc projects for the group, on systems, processes or accounting policies.
The individual needs to be ACA / ACCA or equivalent qualified with at least 4 years PQE.
Preferred, but not required
- Preferably relevant industry and / or start up experience.
- Netsuite experience extremely useful, and ability to use big data to solve problems.
The finance team is a dynamic team working on a range of projects at any one time. The team reflects the entrepreneurial spirit of the business and works to partner with all departments.
We need someone who can be flexible, a self starter, and able to get on with people at all levels and across a range of departments in the business. Good verbal and written communication skills across all levels and teams important, including the ability distill complex accounting information to make it understandable for non-accountants.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.