Assistant Site Manager
We are growing our Deliveroo Editions family at the Reading Editions site and we are looking for the right person to join our team.
Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. The future is even more exciting: bigger brands are joining us, we are expanding locations and markets, and finding new ways to add value and reshape the food delivery landscape. Deliveroo Editions were the world’s first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed.
The Assistant Site manager role covers a wide range of tasks across the Editions site. You will be reporting into the Site Manager and supporting them to ensure the smooth running of the operation, including taking charge of dispatch, liaising with all restaurant partners to deliver food inline with our KPI’s and liaising with riders.
A key part of this role surrounds your ability to step into any of the roles on site.
What you’ll be doing
- Driving KPIs and profitability.
- Conducting weekly kitchen audits to ensure safe trading.
- Conducting monthly Health and Safety audit for the site.
- Generating daily and weekly reports to the partners and towards higher management.
- Ensuring the site standards are followed on site on a daily basis.
- Working alongside the Site Manager to maintain and deliver high standards.
- Managing a team of 4 or more.
- Opening and closing duties.
- Logging maintenance calls and liaising with contractors.
- Communicating with chefs and partners on a daily basis.
- Managing ancillary stock and orders.
- Working alongside Partners chefs,dealing with customer queries.
- Managing labour cost and P&L.
- Identifying & resolving live issues.
- Trained to Food Safety level 3 as a minimum (training provided if required).
- Exceptional Food Safety & Health and Safety compliance requirements
- First Aid training ideal (training provided if required)
- Fire Marshal training ideal (training provided if required)
- High tech-literate, with ability to learn new systems quickly and ability to root-cause using internal operations tools.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven track record of meeting targets and stock control.
- Hospitality background with a minimum of 3 years of management experience.
- Flexible working schedule to be able to work over evenings and weekends.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft and Slack.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Being proactive with great problem solving skills and ability to think on your feet.
- Ability to influence peers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Personal licence
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.