Reporting to the Senior Manager, Customer Marketing, the CRM Specialist helps steer and evolve Deliveroo’s customer relationship marketing approach to be truly oriented around the customer and the key moments that matter to them. Our innovative and fast paced environment means no two days are ever the same!
In this role you will plan and deliver:
- All aspects of CRM, collaborating with local, regional and global contacts to implement continuous improvement initiatives, innovation and adoption of Deliveroo’s offering among consumers
- Using marketech, deliver effective and relevant customer communication through automated CRM emails, SMS, socials and in app notifications
- Ongoing management and optimisation of data governance and the intelligent segmentation of data from the Deliveroo customer database
- Monitor and measure key customer journeys and KPIs using technology and data systems and reporting, proactively identifying opportunities and recommendations on how to improve customer experience and conversion.
- Manage all set up requirements that enable effective campaign tracking/tagging implementation, data integration and reporting.
- Manage the CRM marketing budget and related administration tasks.
- Excellent communication skills and natural team player
- 5+ years marketing experience, with experience in executing campaigns end-to-end (from idea to implementation) and analysing marketing KPIs to determine effectiveness
- Experience delivering and developing campaigns that work across different channels, with a major focus on below the line marketing.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, proactive and go-getter.
- Real team player with experience working cross-functionally with an array of internal teams
The team is responsible for:
- Creating a clear multi year strategy that maximises and grows the unique contribution of CRM, with a focus on delivering high impact customer facing communications and experience through martech tools, data-driven innovation and brand aligned creative and content.
- Being a high-performing CRM team of diverse expert practitioners, who are highly engaged, are driven to learn and stretch themselves, willing to disrupt the status quo and consistently deliver outstanding results.
- Deliver multi-channel personalised customer communications and experiences that drive reach, awareness and conversion of brand, product and promotional focus areas
- Establishing a clear set of success criteria and measurements to demonstrate scale impact, including creating transparent access to detailed performance metrics and establish the appropriate forums and cadence to understand and act on performance insights.
- Understand the risk and compliance landscape across the industry and how that applies to Deliveroo’s obligations, and create a culture of first line accountability across the CRM team.
- Establish clearly defined set of controls, with a specific focus on automating for scale and a reduced reliance on manual intervention
Who we are looking for
- The role is key in achieving our business objectives. The successful candidate will be an analytical and creative thinker, who is eager and able to get into operative tasks to build customer contact programs, with a deep understanding of business processes, a confident communicator with high attention to detail.
- A proactive and ‘make it happen’ attitude and an ability to multi-task across operational and strategic goals is essential.
- A tertiary qualification in Business or Marketing is preferred
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 6 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 6 years and we operate in 12 countries with over 100,000 riders who deliver orders from 140,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at $14.5 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.