The U.K. & Ireland (UK&I) is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Content and Engagement team is one of the key links between HQ and Deliveroo riders - it's their responsibility to understand who our riders are and what motivates them. They spend time talking to riders at events and on the phone, listening to their feedback, bringing this ‘voice of the customer’ into decision making conversations and helping design a world-class rider experience. They keep our riders informed through regular comms and help to resolve problems that might occur between Deliveroo, riders, restaurants and consumers. Finally, Content & Engagement run our big national events and campaigns, like our Annual Rider Awards and our Big Pitch business competition.
Reporting into the Director of UKI Operations, you are responsible for leading our Rider Content & Engagement Team and setting the direction for the ways in which we communicate and engage with more than 50,000 riders.
Your job is to oversee this work, to prioritise the highest-impact actions the team should focus on and to build strong relationships internally to support the development of the rider proposition. You'll work alongside others in UK Operations (Planning & Analytics, Grocery, Growth Operations, and Operations Strategy) and with senior stakeholders within Commercial, Product, Comms and Policy as well as Global Operations.
You'll be responsible for monitoring rider satisfaction and maintaining the conversation on how changes within the business are likely to impact riders. You'll support our response to incidents and escalations and provide a calm, measured and rider-led approach to challenges.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the UKI Rider Content and Engagement Team, setting the overall direction for the ways in which we communicate and engage with riders across the UK and Ireland.
- Become a subject matter expert on the rider experience - understand what motivates and drives riders and advise how operational decisions impact riders.
- Represent the riders in UK&I decision making.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in Commercial, Product, Comms and Policy, and Global Operations teams.
- Manage strategic projects relating to improvements in rider-facing initiatives such as safety, skills development, and compliance.
- Design and implement a calendar of rider events, ranging from on-the-ground feedback sessions to national awards ceremonies
- Support the team to build and maintain close relationships with riders across the UK and Ireland.
- Support the Comms team in responding to media enquiries and enquiries from other external stakeholders.
- Lead the rider content strategy ensuring our riders are informed and engaged, and support retention and recognition initiatives.
- Monitor and report on rider sentiment/satisfaction, and respond to incidents and escalations as they occur.
- Stakeholder management & Communication - this team only succeeds if it can influence and persuade.
- Influencer - able to rally a team behind an idea and get stakeholders (both internal and external) to buy in to your ideas.
- Analytical and strategic - able to corroborate feedback and insight with a thorough understanding of our operational data.
- Adaptable Fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right.
- Inquisitive and forward-thinking - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements.
- Change Management - knows how to flow meaningful changes through a large organisation to drive adoption and ensure success.
- Project management - experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a structured and logical way. Always deliver the right work at the right time.
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies.
- Track record of ‘getting shit done’ - operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high-quality decisions.
- Enjoy working in a fast changing, collaborative environment with ambitious targets designed to disrupt a major global market.
- Mentor - Position yourself as a leader within Operations and be sought after as a source of knowledge, advice, and experience.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.