Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
You will be responsible for the overall operational performance and running, including management oversight processes related to receiving and outbound logistics, staffing, growth, policies and procedures creation, food safety compliance, and inventory management. The successful candidate will be able to improve processes in order to drive exceptional consumer and staff experience while maintaining efficiency, reducing cost, and improving sustainability.
What you’ll be doing
- Own the performance of Editions sites across core functions of receiving, outbound, inventory management and site operations
- Create the blueprint for standardised processes and systems across all sites
- Partner with cross-functional teams to lead operational process improvement ensuring best practices
- Ensure best in class processes and policies are delivered to ensure the highest standards of customer and employee experience and engagement
- Manage food safety requirements
- A high seasoned operational leader ideally within the food industry
- Demonstrable experience in multi-site branded operations
- Experience managing a large P&L
- Experience in an FMCG / food retail logistics environment
- Strong organisational, leadership and administrative skills
- Strong operational and compliance disciplines and a creative approach to overcome challenges
- Delivery platform experience a benefit but not essential
- Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives.
- Understanding of continuous improvement techniques to drive change.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Self-motivated and able to work in a self-directed environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building and managing teams
- Ability to work with a team in a fast paced environment
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.