At Deliveroo we’re customer obsessed and it’s the Research & Insights (R&I) Team which helps drive a customer centric way of thinking across the organisation. We’re passionate about the value insight delivers to drive better business decisions and outcomes for customers. At Deliveroo, “customers” doesn’t just mean consumers who use the app, but also the tens of thousands of restaurants on our platform and the riders that deliver with us.

It is an exciting time to join Deliveroo - this is a new role in the team who will be responsible for creating world class research capability that allows us to deliver best-in-class insight. This role will be responsible for managing our large scale research programmes (Customer Experience ‘Roo Voices’ and Brand / Advertising Tracking), managing our agency partnerships / research rosta and being a leading advocate on research best practice across the team. 

This role will ensure our large scale programmes allow the insight teams to deliver actionable insight. We need someone who is passionate about research methodologies and designing the right approach - they need to have experience across Customer Experience, Brand & Advertising Tracking and a good understanding of a broad range of research techniques. 

This role will primarily interact across the R&I Team, Procurement, Finance and external agency partnerships but will also require additional stakeholder engagement at times e.g. during large scale RFP’s. We need someone who can see the big picture to drive continual improvement, but also manage the day-to-day operational smooth running of programmes e.g. resolving data issues, managing back-log fixes (where they will have additional team support). 

The role will have visibility of the entire R&I team's plans and will be responsible for ensuring efficiencies, recording the actions delivered on each project and creating a programme of activity which demonstrates the value we create across Deliveroo - working closely with Internal Comms (and the wider R&I team) on initiatives like insight newsletter, annual customer festival, podcasts etc. 

We’re looking for someone who has a positive, growth mindset and isn’t afraid to get stuck-in - this person needs to be constantly thinking about how we evolve and improve our capability to deliver the best insight for our customers. Most of all we are a team who likes to have fun - we work hard and we love our jobs - if you are someone who wants to make a difference at one of the fastest growing global brands, then we’d love to hear from you! 

What you’ll be doing

1. Planning: 
    • Visibility / manage (collaboratively with the wider R&I Team) the forward looking R&I plan and business deliverables so we are clear on what we are delivering when (to help us ensure we deliver all insight with impact)
    • Oversee the budget and raise all PO’s 
    • Managing our research rosta - including quarterly reviews with each agency to ensure we maximise the value from the relationship (along with key members from the R&I Team)
    • Responsible for identifying conferences we should be attending, speaking at and entering awards where appropriate 
  2. Programme Management:
    • Day-to-day operational smooth running of large scale research programmes (predominantly ‘Roo Voices’)
    • Work closely with Engineering and Product teams to plan and prioritise a delivery roadmap for changes to the Customer Experience programme
    • Liaise with Procurement, Finance, Invoicing, and budget owners to build out any new requirements or roadmaps for all large scale research programmes 
  3. Promoting the value of insight:
    • Work closely across the R&I team to record the value and actions created from each project and the business impact 
    • Working with the R&I Team and Internal Comms to create a programme of activity which demonstrates the value of our work, and drives a customer centric curiosity culture across Deliveroo e.g. Newsletter / Podcasts / Annual Customer Festival 

Requirements

• Passionate about research methodologies and experience of a broad range of techniques including Voice of the Customer, Brand Tracking 
  • Experience of integrating research data with internal transactional data 
  • Managed research budgets and worked with procurement to run RFP’s
  • Experience of managing research agencies and getting best value from relationships
  • Project management 
  • Resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact
  • Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to work to changing time and resource constraints
  • Good collaboration skills 

Why Deliveroo?

Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.

We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.

Workplace & Diversity

At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.

We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.

Apply for this Job

* Required

When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review
+ Add Another Education

Voluntary Demographic Survey (UK)

These questions are voluntary, and help us understand more about our candidates. One of our core values at Deliveroo is We celebrate difference, and we are always working to make sure our hiring processes are equitable and inclusive. By answering the questions below, you'll help us do that.

Your responses are confidential, cannot be tied to your application, and has no bearing on your candidacy. We only use aggregated demographic data to measure the performance of recruiting efforts.

How would you describe your gender identity? (Select one)

What is your sexual orientation? (Select one)

Would you say you have a disability? (Select one)

How would your describe your ethnicity? (Select one)