Rider Review and Appeals Manager, Rider Trust & Safety
Reporting into the Rider Trust & Safety Lead, you will be responsible for the Rider Appeals Team. This team works to ensure riders are informed if they are not compliant with their Supplier Agreement and that they have an opportunity to appeal decisions made regarding their account suspension or Supplier Agreement termination.
The Rider Appeals Manager is responsible for running a team of Operations Representatives that review the rider cases flagged by our Rider Trust team and reassess those decisions based on rider appeals. You will work closely with Legal, Policy and comms to ensure that our processes are running smoothly and our decisions regarding riders Supplier Agreement terminations are transparent and fair.
You will also spend time communicating with riders and external stakeholders, so you'll need to be an excellent communicator and be diplomatic & empathetic in the way you handle these sensitive situations.
In this role you will have the opportunity to take on projects to support the standardisation of ways of working across markets and improve existing processes
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for managing and scaling a team of Operations Representatives, coaching them on their professional development and assisting them on resolving the most complicated cases
- Motivating your team to work collaboratively and produce results while maintaining a high level of quality
- Work closely with the Rider Trust team on identifying trends and opportunities for improvement in both our processes and communications
- Use our internal tools to build reporting and information packs, to share with management and internal stakeholders, providing recommendations.
- Be the first line of escalation for the team when dealing with Rider Appeals
- Ensure the team maintains a high level of quality when reviewing cases in line with our Trust Policies
- Collaborate with other markets and central teams to standardise and improve processes related to Rider Offboards and Appeals, while understanding the particular needs and policies of each market
- Support the Rider Trust & Safety Lead with legal and comms requests, providing responses with necessary data and information, making suggestions on how to deal with the issue
- Experienced People Manager able to encourage and collaborate effectively with a talented team of Operations Representatives
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders across all levels, ranging from riders and operations agents to directors
- Comfortable working independently and remotely (This team has adopted an hybrid working from home model, and can work from home 2 days a week)
- Extreme attention to detail and a proactive problem solver
- You are happy working in a fast-paced environment and see changes as opportunities
- High level of empathy and compassion toward riders, restaurants and customers
- One additional language in addition to English, preferably French, Dutch, Italian or Spanish
- Prior experience in fraud investigations, customer care, legal or similar preferred
- General understanding of risk and compliance management is preferred
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.