Senior Real Estate Manager, Middle East
Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. And the future is even more exciting: bigger brands are joining us, we are expanding locations and markets, and finding new ways to add value and reshape the food delivery landscape. Deliveroo Editions were the world’s first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed.
As a Senior Real Estate Manager you will be a key part of one of the fastest growing business units at Deliveroo. You will drive growth by identifying and securing as many new site opportunities as possible. You will manage the end-to-end acquisition process and continue to manage properties throughout their life cycles, including renewals and regears. Your primary role is to find as many opportunities as possible across the UAE and wider Middle East markets and to work alongside the rest of the team to take those leads through planning approval, signing and lease commencement. We charge you with signing as many units as possible across UAE and wider Middle East. More specifically you will:
- Work closely with the Global Property Director and wider Property, Commercial and Construction teams develop and execute a large pipeline of new sites
- Sell Editions to developers, owners (both small and large scale) and occupiers to sign as many units as possible across UAE and wider Middle East
- Develop and maintain a network of local agents and broker partners to drive the supply pipeline
- Prospect, qualify, pitch, and close new real estate opportunities
- Use local real estate knowledge and a network of contacts to source developers and real estate owners with suitable development opportunities where the Editions business model can operate and create value
- Manage relationships with owners and developers including deal structuring, ongoing correspondence, and lease compliance
- Craft, negotiate, and support leases favourable to Editions, with a focus on commercial terms, planning requirements and landlord responsiveness
- Become fluent in local planning and operating regulations and building code
- Become an expert at pipeline management while ensuring full compliance with Editions business development procedures, driving improvements to the process when shortcomings are identified
- Foster community relations and present the value and benefits of partnering with Deliveroo while enhancing public image
- You’re a commercial real estate expert and have made your mark as a recognized and well-established real estate professional in your market
- You are RICS (or similar) accredited and have a minimum of 7+ years experience in commercial real-estate, including rapid acquisition at-scale & development
- You have additional specialised knowledge of F&B/hospitality, Industrial or Retail expansion
- You have experience with a range of asset classes (industrial, commercial and retail)
- You are commercially smart, technically experienced and can foster and leverage the right relationships to get deals done
- Financially savvy and comfortable with various methods of property financial appraisals
- You have a good understanding of all aspects of real estate development - equity structures, financing considerations, construction, and exit
- You live, breathe, and sleep alternative real estate; you are ultra passionate and knowledgeable about the UAE and wider Middle East real estate markets
- You’re an accomplished salesperson and someone who is self-driven. You must be comfortable presenting to senior internal and external audiences.
- You’ve built a robust real estate network. You can find your way to any developer and landlord and can leverage your rolodex
- You are analytical, decisive and have the entrepreneurial drive to carry out a strategic plan for property acquisition
- You aspire to be a missionary and not a mercenary - you want to work for a fast-growing unicorn start-up
- You see the big picture and make decisions based on the long term value vs. short term profit
- You’re an outstanding communicator with the ability to communicate complex deals in simple terms
- Must be Fluent in Spoken and written English
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.