Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers, grow their digital presence and deepen their relationship with existing customers - and thus maximize the revenue of their business. And we’re a home for a variety of internal teams building tools for customer service, finance and marketing to keep the operation afloat.
Life as a product manager can mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day-to-day, you’ll tackle new interesting business problems, and find innovative, creative ways to apply yourself to the problems at hand.
As businesses continue their transition from offline to online, you will have a leading role in defining how they can work with Deliveroo to provide a satisfying delivery experience that meets the unique needs of their customers.
In this role, you’ll be helping our grocery partners to grow by developing products that help to manage catalogs, optimize selection, manage in-store operations and apply merchandising strategies to showcase their offering. As convenience continues to evolve and establish itself as a digital habit, you will have a leading role in defining how Deliveroo works to build a compelling customer and partner experience.
As a Senior Product Manager, Grocery Partners, you will lead our efforts to build partner products at Deliveroo working with a team of talented engineers, data scientists, designers, operations and commercial partners. You’ll be responsible for delivering high standard projects that require complex stakeholder management and coordination across multiple product teams
What you’ll do:
- Own the development of the vision, strategy and roadmap for our Grocery Partner products and the metrics we will use to measure success for this area of our business.
- Work with customers, internal stakeholders and leadership to identify and implement strategies to advance the growth and satisfaction of this product area.
- Develop relationships with strategic partners to understand their business and shape the direction of the product roadmap.
- Leverage data and metrics for product insights and performance, partner with our commercial and product marketing teams to implement,market and launch product improvements and new products.
- Have previous, proven success as a Product Leader
- Experience developing products in a B2B environment and building relationships with business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to own projects, be data-driven and influence across all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage across a broad set of stakeholders with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Track-record of balancing business and user needs against a long term vision and product strategy.
- You have a track record of success partnering with engineers, product designers and data scientists to tackle ambiguous problems. You have overseen and supported dedicated teams and led product prioritisation, developed roadmaps and been responsible for the delivery of functionality
- You are highly detail-oriented and thrive in an environment where impact and speed of execution are paramount
- Experience in groceries or food delivery is a plus but not a requirement
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.