HR Associate, Singapore
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
What you will do...
The HR Associate will support the Head of People and wider business in day to day administration support and guidance on people related matters covering a wide range of HR functions for Singapore. You will be the go to person for the business when it comes to systems ensuring that our records are up to date at all times through regular auditing. Each day will be different to the next and there will always be process improvements and different initiatives to contribute to. You will be passionate about people, employee engagement and having a lot of fun whilst learning new skills and coming up with solutions to everyday challenges to drive the business forward.
- Working closely with the Head of People to design effective solutions to support our team across all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Manage and maintain our employee data through Workday, conducting regular auditing to ensure we have accurate records.
- Partner with the payroll team to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll on a monthly basis.
- Provide HR administration support and advice to employees and line managers, explaining policies and procedures in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage the employee hiring process; create contracts and send out welcome emails, ensure employees are set up for Day 1 including coordination with the facilities team on equipment.
- Manage the employee offboarding process including preparation of letters, sending out offboarding emails and system related actions.
- Handle benefits administration, including leave management, company benefits and liaising with the insurance vendor on queries and employee movement information.
- Manage other day-to-day HR operations including but not limited to staff probationary period tracking, HR related letters preparation and ongoing maintenance of personnel files.
- Focus on continuous improvement by reviewing processes and recommending solutions through to execution to provide a world class people function.
- Own the submission of periodic HR surveys conducted by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). Also responsible for submission of any government claims such as childcare leave, NS claims.
- Assist in ad-hoc tasks as required
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position, preferably in a fast paced changing environment
- Driven, hard working and proactive individual
- Experience working with Workday preferred but not essential
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter work environment and able to meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with payroll in Singapore will be a plus
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and pivot to changing priorities