Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Engagement Manager (Rider & Restaurants)
Reporting to the Rider Lifecycle Manager, your role is to own and champion the rider for Deliveroo’s Australian business. You will be challenged to ‘think outside the box’ and strategically drive rider engagement & safety through Deliveroo’s digital and face-to-face channels while aligning with the company’s overarching business objectives.
The Content, Engagement & Safety Manager will play a pivotal role in shaping the rider experience and ensuring that rider needs are at the core of our business.
Day to day, you will:
- Support growth, activity and retention of fleet with delivery of acquisition and incentive campaigns and communications across appropriate channels
- Lead rider comms in areas of compliance, process introduction and updates
- Champion Rider experience by tracking satisfaction surveys and developing associated initiatives, optimisations and communications
- Maintain industry leadership in safety amongst riders and by
- Adding safety content to our safety hub and communications
- Manage 1 safety focus period per year
- Facilitate and lead Rider Safety Panel
- Support on other safety committees and rider
- Find opportunities to foster rider community i.e.events, forums, rider recognition
- Enhance Rider perks offering with an enterprise partnership or equivalent small to medium partner additions
- Deliver essential restaurant communications and updates to support business and marketing strategies
- Develop restaurant engagement strategy - from concept to proposal and execution
- Mentor and grow the associates within the Rider Engagement team
- Form strong internal; local and global and external relationships to deliver on the engagement strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you need to be able to deliver messages and explain concepts clearly and succinctly to a diverse audience
- Strategic understanding and experience with a range of digital channels
- Exhibit a high degree of creativity to design and execute campaigns that appeal to riders
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically
- Experience working with a content strategy and content calendar/grid
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently
- A proactive can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously
- Significant commercial awareness and ability to quickly differentiate most impactful tasks/projects
- Ability to influence and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing CBD offices
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.