Senior Assistant, Company Secretary
About the department
This role will be reporting to the Company Secretary and based in the Company’s headquarters in London.
The Senior Assistant Company Secretary proactively supports the delivery of a professional and efficient company secretarial service throughout Deliveroo and will take a key role in assisting the Company with the setting up/evolving of regulatory compliance systems, governance and ways of working as a newly listed plc.
What you'll be doing:
- Corporate Governance – take a leading role under the guidance of the Company Secretary to deliver on the corporate governance requirements for the company including compliance with the Listing Rules and other regulatory requirements. Particularly playing a lead role in share capital administration, maintaining accurate insider lists, drafting stock exchange announcements, and the review and roll out of group policies and procedures as maybe required. Supporting the Company Secretary in keeping the Company abreast of corporate governance developments, staying abreast of key changes including the ability to network to gain an appropriate external perspective.
- Key project support – support the Company Secretary in the delivery of the Annual Report and AGM including the drafting of parts of the Annual Report and ensuring compliance with the Group’s financial reporting obligations.
- Board support – supporting the Company Secretary on board and committee matters including Governance Code compliance, board paper management and other meeting support.
- Systems management – ensuring that the Company Secretariat has documented and streamlined checklists, processes and filing systems to manage key activities. Responsible for keeping Blueprint records up to date. Identifying opportunities to introduce, improve, enhance or streamline processes. Keep effectiveness of processes/checklists under review.
- Subsidiary support – responsibility for subsidiary management including ensuring the smooth delivery of the compliance work for Group entities including the accounts, Companies House filings, drafting of subsidiary board and shareholder resolutions, etc and liaising with the finance and legal team stakeholders and auditors.
- Shareholder support – key role in managing the relationship with the Company’s registrars and responding to ad hoc shareholder queries.
- Ad hoc – leading role on the company secretary aspects of corporate projects that may arise from time to time, including company name changes, corporate events and any other treasury or tax driven projects.
- Qualifications/Experience – around 3 or 4 years’ post-qualification experience in a Corporate Secretariat function, including time with PLC of similar size and complexity. Strong IT skill including word, excel, power point, Blueprint, and Diligent (or other board portal) and Insider Track (or similar).
- Technical Knowledge - Strong technical knowledge of the UK Companies Act, Corporate Governance Code and UK Listing Rules. Experience with share schemes would be an asset.
- Communication – strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Organised and attention to detail - Proven excellent organisational and forward planning skills. Demonstrates strong attention to detail.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.