The Platform, IT and Info Security team is a newly created cross-functional team to create and execute a strategic vision on the systems that we use at Deliveroo. From defining the long term road map and requirements for the business to launching and supporting those systems internally, to managing strategic partnerships with key vendors the team ensures that we are able to manage the systems we use effectively.
As a Workday Technical Lead, you will be expected to drive forward the platform used by every employee within Deliveroo. The global optimisation of the Workday system is key to both the smooth running of Deliveroo’s global HR processes and each Deliveroo employee’s lifecycle. This is a great opportunity to provide your expertise on Workday and bring your deep functional knowledge to add value to our programme of work.
Reporting into the HCM Systems Lead, the Workday Technical Lead will provide dedicated expertise in the maintenance and development of Workday. They will be responsible for improving system functionality either by solving operation issues for the business or investigating the viability of new Workday updates. The successful candidate will have experience working through a full Workday deployment and have experience in HCM and Compensation modules. Candidates are expected to have configuration experience and be able to advise based on industry best practices
- Review existing configurations to ensure they provide functionality that is fit for purpose
- Suggest improvements and advise on best practice and ways to increase efficiency
- Review biannual Workday updates and support business with training, regression testing
- Configure the system to the business’ expectations and requirements.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve Workday system issues as they arise
- Ensure the Deliveroo People Team and employees use the Workday system in its most effective way by thorough education and training and workshops.
- Provide post-production and BAU support to the business, including training.
- Manage stakeholders throughout the design implementation and support phases of project
- Guide other members of the team through mentorship and training
- 3+ years previous experience working in a consulting position throughout a full Workday deployment.
- Demonstrable experience leading a workstream in a successful Workday implementation project across the full development lifecycle
- Expert knowledge and configuration experience in Workday HCM and Advanced Compensation
- Working knowledge of Security and/or Reporting
- Experience in Workday Talent and Performance is a plus
- Ability to evaluate current state and identify opportunities for improvement
- Able to interpret and analyse requests concisely with imaginative and practical problem-solving skills
- Exceptional project management skills, time management skills, attention to detail and ability to multi task competing priorities
- Ability to share knowledge and upskill members of the business
- Able to identify, clarify and resolve issues and risks, escalating them as required
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills – excellent listening capability and an ability to deliver a message with empathy
- Ability to manage change through setting realistic expectations
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced organisation