The U.K. & Ireland are our domestic and most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
Are you an Owner and a Builder who can help grow the on-demand grocery business on Deliveroo? We are looking for a Senior Program Manager (SPM) to join our UK&I grocery team based in London. Reporting into the Director, Grocery UK&I, this is an exciting and challenging role focused on shaping the customer experience in the hyper-competitive and rapidly evolving on-demand grocery space.
Working with some of the biggest supermarket brands in the UK, you will own the design and execution of strategic initiatives that create a step-change in the experience of shopping for groceries on Deliveroo. To excel in this role, you will be highly analytical, innovative and a strategic thinker with proven ability to deliver complex initiatives. You will have strong interpersonal skills and be adept at stakeholder management. You will be commercially savvy, deeply curious and bring operational rigor to everything you do, holding your stakeholders accountable to the highest of standards.
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-paced team in one of the world's most pioneering companies. Wearing multiple hats is a key part of our ethos, and we welcome applications from candidates with the same mindset.
What you’ll be doing?
- Analysis: You will develop a deep understanding of the key success levers for our grocery partners and our grocery business, with the goal of improving our customer value proposition. You will own weekly and monthly reporting on the state of the initiatives you own and be able to utilize metrics to deep-dive into issues and uncover business-driving trends and patterns
- Design and execution: You will design and lead initiatives that build on your insights, initially focusing on product selection and customer experience
- Tools and mechanisms: You will develop, test and implement tools and processes for our commercial teams that enable them to deliver results at scale
- Communication: You will manage engagement and build consensus with multiple senior stakeholders across both the UK business and central teams
- Coordination: Work closely with cross-functional teams to plan and scope deliverables, and assess required resources, plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting
- A proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, delivering impactful results and transitioning them into programs as applicable
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Highly adaptable with the ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Superior analytical skills including enhanced excel coupled with a strong bias for action. SQL skills desirable but not required
- Preference given to candidates with experience in the tech and/or grocery industries, with a background in product and/or program management
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.