Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food and groceries which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants and grocers, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation running effectively.
As Group Product Lead for Consumer Grocery Experience you will have product ownership of the consumer-facing surfaces in the grocery shopping funnel and will be tasked with creating a highly functional, frictionless and delightful purchase experience. Additionally, you will be responsible for leveraging both in-app and offsite marketing channels to drive rapid category growth, from awareness through to acquisition and long-term engagement.
It’s a pivotal moment for the online grocery space: the opportunity is massive and Deliveroo is making a major, long-term investment in developing a world-leading proposition. We are a nascent, nimble group that has the flexibility to move fast and big ambitions to step change the online-grocery industry. In this position you’ll be a key member of the group’s leadership, and will play an integral role in steering, inspiring and building your team and the wider org.
Group Product Leads tackle some of our most complex, ambiguous and high priority projects to drive impact at a group and company level. You’ll be responsible for leading multiple product squads by both managing your own squad whilst overseeing the work of squads led by other product managers in your area. You will be expected to deliver high standard projects that require complex stakeholder management and coordination across multiple product teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define the long-run product strategy for consumer grocery and translate this into the technical roadmap across multiple squads
- Have accountability for executing on your roadmap to deliver measured value to the business; confidently and independently orchestrating a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists & designers
- Build and take to market a set of capabilities and tools to enable commercial teams to effectively manage to order volume and profitability targets
- Be a thought-leader on the realms of consumer pricing, promotions & value-for-money, working closely with stakeholders to shape their requirements and feed into their commercial plans
- Independently manage internal stakeholder communication across all levels of the business to drive a consensus on approach across the business.
- Have extensive domain expertise in building consumer e-commerce products and/or consumer growth capabilities
- Have Product Management experience in a similar size or scaling tech company
- Have a track-record for defining the strategy to tackle ambiguous problem spaces and for building teams from the ground-up to execute on your plans
- Have experience working in a global, consumer business with geographically distributed teams
- Are a strong coach and mentor, and have experience line managing and developing other product managers
- Are highly analytical, confident with financial data and can collaborate effectively with Data Scientists to make data-led decisions and contribute to financial planning.
- Are highly detail-oriented and thrive in a scrappy environment where impact and velocity of execution are paramount.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of attractive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.