Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for SMB Associates, in various functions, to join our Small-to-Medium Business (SMB) team. You will be partnering with restaurants in Hong Kong. . This role is office-based and involves supporting and growing Deliveroo’s restaurant portfolio and helping them increase their online sales. Due to the sheer size and scale of our restaurant portfolio, this is an excellent role for a process-driven individual who loves to solve problems and overcome scalability challenges, to ultimately ensure restaurants enjoy an excellent experience on Deliveroo.
What does the SMB team do?
- Support the Hong Kong SMB restaurant portfolio to ensure our partners have a positive experience with us
- Maintain and grow Deliveroo’s restaurant supply to ensure restaurant selection is a competitive advantage in the market
- Streamline administrative support and collaborate with the Commercial team to introduce scalable, effective workflows
- Continually educating restaurant partners in how to maximise their Deliveroo experience, i.e. how to log into Restaurant Hub
SMB Associate - Marketing:
- Support initiatives to ensure SMB restaurants are a key contributor to end-customer acquisition and retention by promoting Deliveroo’s restaurant selection
- Work with restaurant partners to use marketing channels to promote their Deliveroo presence
- Working with restaurant partners to increase penetration of Deliveroo’s in-site merchandise
- Manage and implement CRM / EDM campaigns to increase SMB restaurant engagement
- Handle any inbound cases related to restaurant marketing inquiries
- Handle all execution of various restaurant marketing sprints as directed by your manager - ex. enlist 50 SMB restaurants to a targeted Marketing campaign for Japanese cuisine
Skills you’ll need:
- 0-3 years of working experience, ideally in an environment where you have to deal with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills whether face to face, through the phone or email
- Resilient in handling challenging circumstances and on-going negotiations
- Team player, understand the importance of succeeding as a team
- Self-starter and well organised
- Proficiency of Microsoft Excel is preferred
- Fluent in Cantonese and English (written and oral) to communicate clearly with both internal and external stakeholders
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.