When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The People Operations Representative - Mobility and Policy will be a key member of the People Operations team who will support our mobility, immigration and policy processes. This role is ideal for a candidate with experience in UK visa administration within a corporate environment, as well as experience with various HR processes. The candidate will interface with recruitment, HR business partners, legal, and procurement teams. You will love administration, be solution focused and have a willingness to get in and get stuff done!
- Provide ongoing support to Deliveroo new hires and internal transfers through the UK visa application process; manage queries, ensure that paperwork is being processed and that employees are compliant before they start work in the UK
- Manage relocation requests, answer employee questions about the process and liaise with Deliveroo's relocation provider to ensure a smooth relocation experience for new hires and internal transfers
- Take ownership of procurement and invoicing tasks for the mobility and immigration processes
- Support the mobility and policy team with queries.
- Manage certain aspects of mobility reporting, ensuring data accuracy and ongoing compliance
- Project management of tasks, including right to work processes and audits
- Actioning employee on-boarding, off-boarding and contractual changes.
- Review processes and implement changes - always challenging the status quo to provide a world class people function.
As an ideal candidate, you’ll have an eye for detail, a knack for problem solving and a willingness to learn.
- Recent experience of HR administration and UK visa/mobility management, preferably in a fast paced changing environment.
- Driven, hard working and proactive individual.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Ability to maintain discretion and employee confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in performing all essential duties
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter work environment and able to meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and continuously changing priorities
- Perseverance and grit – you rise to the challenge and you're not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the work done
- Team player – you’ll be working within a highly efficient team who like to succeed (as individuals and together)
- Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- Top notch people skills
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.