The role of the Restaurant Strategy team is to set the vision for the restaurant side of the Deliveroo marketplace and position Deliveroo as the strategic partner of choice for our restaurant partners. You will be responsible for building and leading our pricing and incentive strategy for Restaurants globally and will report to the Head of Restaurant Strategy. Your remit will be wide ranging, from devising our global restaurant pricing strategy and framework working closely with local markets to working with cross-functional teams on delivering pricing and incentive programs. We are a small team with large impact, looking to define the B2B pricing approach to drive Deliveroo’s long term growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop the restaurant pricing framework and approach for existing products and new service lines & products including
- Working with Restaurant insights to drive qualitative and quantitative research into how restaurants value our different service lines and solutions
- Working with Data Sciences and FInance to build out models to measure the financial impacts of different pricing approaches, across areas Deliveroo operates within
- Working with commercial, product, and decision sciences to build a framework to test various pricing / bundling approaches to validate and iterate our thinking holistically across all the pricing levers we have
- Develop go-to-market plans for all pricing related features/ pricing changes
- Work closely with the local markets to craft B2B rate cards and promotional tactics adapted to their competitive landscapes and strategic objectives
- Consult as in-company expert on custom / bespoke pricing for Enterprise partners and other commercial deals
- Own our overall benefits & incentive programs to enhance our value proposition to restaurants globally
- Work with Product Management to input to technical roadmap definition and prioritisation
- At least 5 years building and managing pricing capabilities in high velocity B2B marketplaces operating at scale and experience working with Data Science and Product teams
- Can build “stuff” - Solid track record of identifying, scoping and delivering customer centric pricing solutions with a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving. Knows what great looks like and builds to scale so that solutions will be relevant for a multiple of the current size of the business
- Autonomy with a strong analytical approach — exceptional ability to join quantitative and qualitative data, utilise A/B testing to evaluate outcomes, and weave together different approaches to mitigate revenue risks
- Strong written and oral communication skills, exhibited experience in influencing stakeholders to adopt new tools and processes
- Experience working in a matrix environment, developing central programs and aligning local commercial teams on delivery
- A deeply curious and avid growth mindset, constantly looking for ways to improve and creatively solve problems - both the big strategic things, as well as the smaller quick wins
- 10+ years B2B experience, ideally strategy consulting and/or in marketplaces
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- Able to lead cross-functional teams without authority
- Evidence of strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or in any customer-obsessed marketplaces is a plus
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.