We are looking for a Head of International in our grocery division to join our HQ to lead and support the growth of the grocery proposition in all Deliveroo international markets. The role will be based in our HQ in London and will report to the VP for Grocery and Commercial Partnerships.
This person will be responsible for leading the continued development of our International grocery business across 10 markets including France, Italy, Spain, UAE, Hong Kong and Singapore. They will operate with a small team (<2), but will also drive results by collaborating with teams across Deliveroo and working cross functionally.
The desired candidate will be a great senior operator with significant experience of working across multiple markets, workstreams and teams. You will bring a potent blend of commercial acumen, project management and willingness to ‘get stuck in’ to help local teams seize opportunities. You’ll be adept at presenting and communicating with senior stakeholders up to Exec level.
In this role your key responsibilities will be:
- Business Development - Lead business development activity, working closely with local Commercial teams to develop, win and scale partnership opportunities
- Playbooks - Own and co-develop playbooks (with Merchandising and Operations PM’s) to drive efficiencies, improve customer outcomes and accelerate revenue growth. Ensure cross-market learnings are captured and used
- Improvement Projects - Identify, develop and lead projects to improve the consumer value proposition, deep-dive into issues and work with local teams to execute plans to fix
- Reporting & Reviews - Lead weekly market reviews and reporting to identify focus areas for improvement to drive growth and meet P&L targets. Own stakeholder engagement and updates (to Exec level)
- Planning Process - Own the quarterly / annual planning process and work with the HQ Strategy & Finance team to develop accurate forecasting, monitoring reporting
- Product Coordination - drive collaboration with Product teams to ensure feedback, pilots and feature launches are well understood and executed in local markets
- Team Development - assist local teams with recruitment, training, coaching and developing a high performance team culture that reflects the Deliveroo values
The role requires a strategic mindset, strong analytical skills and management experience with a track record of exceeding financial targets as well as:
- 8+ years working in commercial focused roles with P&L responsibility. Previous general management skills desired.
- Commercial & Marketing Acumen - deep knowledge of industry trends, competition, best practices, and other factors that affect profitability and business success. Able to rapidly understand how our business operates, makes money and sustains profitable growth
- Executional Excellence - you’ve achieved clear customer, commercial and financial results with a strong resilient entrepreneurial spirit
- Customer Obsessed - understand and connect with our customers. Believe in our ability to create services and products which address this and have the customers best interest at heart
- Tactical & Strategic - able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics, interdependencies and implications of decisions.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity & Autonomy - happy to be pointed at problems and work out how to solve them. You don't require micro-management to be successful - you have a can do / will do attitude
- Stakeholder Management - engaging, informing, and gaining the support of various stakeholders. Taking time to collaborate and build relationships; earning the respect and trust of others within the organisation through strong emotional intelligence
- Resourceful - constantly look for creative ways to make the most of the resources we have. Throw tenacity, brainpower, teamwork and collaboration at problems, not money and extra heads. Think like an entrepreneur
- Upbeat, confident & high energy - you bring freshness, energy and passion into the team. Help create a working environment that is unique, spawns new ideas and is enjoyable for the other people involved
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.