The U.K. & Ireland are our domestic and most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such a product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The National Accounts team are responsible for the relationships with our largest and most strategic restaurant partners in the UK and ensuring that they continue to grow and operate efficiently on the platform. These National restaurant chains are made up of 000s of sites spread across the UKI and include some of the nation’s favourite brands.
You will be responsible for a wide variety of activities across problem solving, strategy and new business positioning and development. In this pivotal role you will support the Business Development lead and wider UKI leadership in identifying, analysing and securing partnerships with large National restaurants.
- Supporting on deal processes: Strategy, sourcing opportunities, performing analysis and negotiating deals with some of the largest restaurant brands in the UKI
- Stakeholder management: Management of business relationships both externally and internally across the organisation
- Planning and analytics: Building quantitative models and performing qualitative analysis to ensure we are doing deals that are sustainable and inline with the targets the business sets itself.
- Building cross-functional solutions: Working with a variety of colleagues from different parts of the organization to create unique opportunities for our restaurant partners
- High-velocity work: Ability to juggle several priorities, understand potential roadblocks and bias for action in everything you do!
The role requires a “can-do attitude”, someone who is positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change as well as:
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- A quantitative degree and/or experience in top-tier consulting, banking or legal role
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Highly structured, detail and process-orientated; adept at using both data and intuition to solve problems
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets and PowerPoint/Google Slides proficiency
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around