Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you'll be doing
Deliveroo Editions are bespoke, delivery only, kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants across the globe, and we have big plans for more of the same. As an Editions Area Operations Manager, you will report into the Head of Site Operations and lead the Site Operations Team in your area by working closely with your team of Site Managers. A site team typically consists of 6 team members.
You will have full accountability for your area’s PnL and its operational KPIs as well as be held responsible for team development, morale and achieving the highest possible compliance scores. You will need to ensure that the onboarding, offboarding, and flipping of restaurant partners goes as efficiently as possible throughout the kitchens in your area. It will be key to effectively manage multiple stakeholders in a high pressure environment.
In summary you will be expected to:
- Lead with the Deliveroo values and ensure your teams follow suit.
- Demonstrate operational excellence by meeting operational KPI targets for App Rating, AOD, Prep Time (mins & accuracy), and B10 performance (Overall, Unacceptable Lates, Missing Items, Cancellations, Rejections)
- Maintain good relations to uphold Deliveroo’s positive reputation with external parties such as neighbours, landlords, contractors, etc.
- Ensure sites are well maintained to reduce the need for repair works and safeguard Editions
- Support and improve our restaurant partner’s kitchen metrics & ops efficiencies
- Liaise with your various counterparts in Commercial, Account management, and Rider Operations teams to improve overall operational performance and drive the success of the Editions proposition in your market
- Have a firm grip on contractors to ensure agreed works such as kitchen flips or new site builds are being completed on time
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a fast paced hospitality environment, whether this be contract catering, operations, event management or restaurant experience
- Experience in leading a team. Can demonstrate excellent communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in recruiting, training, and developing team members as well as succession planning
- Highly organized individual with the ability to apply project management skills to tackle various challenges
- A good understanding and track record in managing and influencing the P&L performance of your business
- Tech savvy and good with numbers. Comfortable using data to inform your decisions and being able to illustrate your point with technical information
- ‘Can do, never give up’ attitude and the desire to grow and succeed with one of the world's fastest growing food-tech companies.
- Must be fluent in Cantonese and English
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.