When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing:
This is an ideal role for a mid-level Analyst looking to step in to managing a small team whilst remaining hands on.
- Working closely with the Head of Operations Strategy and Performance to manage the day to day performance of the Australian delivery network
- Managing a team of 2 direct reports, working with the individual team members to give guidance, coaching and to drive results
- Developing and executing on short and long term strategies to improve performance of the delivery network across our 15 cities, taking both practical and analytic approaches to solving problems. You will work with the local Commercial and Marketing teams & the global ops teams to create solid business strategies
- Support in managing P&L lines including rider and surge costs, working with the Head of Operations Strategy and Performance
Put simply, your mission is to ensure we are positioning ourselves to win in every single area by giving our customer best in market service levels whilst meeting key efficiency targets
Skills you’ll need:
You will be confident working with junior and senior stakeholders and be able to build trust to drive forward your ideas. You’ll have a strong grounding in numbers and be able to use both quantitative and qualitative analysis to make decisions and build processes that improve service in the Australian market.
You should also be:
- Agile and proactive in your approach to work. We move fast at Deliveroo and you’ll be comfortable in this environment - the busiest time for food delivery isn't 9-5, Monday to Friday.
- Analytical with a passion for detail and a keen eye for practical solutions to problems. You’re detail-oriented and able to maintain a high level of accuracy across all aspects of your work
- Ready to think outside the box - the problems we face on a day to day basis are complex and varied
- Experience and willingness to develop the team on their analytical approach to problem solving as well as presenting their analysis in a way that is easily digestible for others in the business.
- Proficient in using Excel and Google Sheets.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.