At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
The Business Development team is the backbone of Deliveroo, tasked with signing up the best restaurants in the UAE to work with us.
What you will be doing:
- Restaurant acquisition: You’ll be responsible for prospecting, pitching, and, with the help of our expert Business Development Managers (BDMs), closing of new restaurants in your territory. This is an inside (telesales) sales opportunity, so you’ll be comfortable with ambitious activity targets for cold calls, emails, and social media engagements.
- Own your pipeline: Take control over your own pipeline and use your organizational skills to manage your portfolio of leads and ensure strong conversion rates.
- Process Strategy: Iterate with our sales processes to make our inside sales unit the fastest-moving and biggest impact team within Deliveroo.
- Commercial Initiatives: Assist our wider commercial team with ad-hoc strategic initiatives like field pitch days, restaurant marketing roll-outs, and cross-functional projects.
What skills you'll need:
- BSc/BA in business or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience, preferably within a high growth company
- Proven negotiation skills
- Salesforce experience in the F&B sector is a plus
- Knowledge of the restaurant landscape in the UAE is a must
- Self-starter capable of driving yourself to your targets every month
- A fantastic communicator with a "get it done" mindset, well organized and efficient
- Fluency in English is a must, Arabic language skills are a strong advantage
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.