Job Title: Finance and Strategy Director, International
About the Department
The Finance and Strategy team enables execution of business strategy as trusted partners to country and functional teams on strategic & financial matters. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by influencing company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business, delivering financial results, all while managing risks and capitalising on opportunities. Finally, we continually foster and evolve the company culture to allow for each team member to thrive and grow.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with the Chief Business Officer, International and Country GMs to help set the strategic direction and drive commercial outcomes
- Take a leadership role in the coordination of the various planning and forecasting cycles (annual planning, quarterly/monthly/weekly outlooks and long-range plans)
- Leverage your commercial experience and knowledge to identify opportunities of strategic interest and frame approaches to tackle them.
- Lead and facilitate cross-market projects to enable rapid, international growth of the company.
- Manage operating cadence for the International organisation. Develop and implement efficient financial processes and business operating rhythms.
- Establish and maintain key metrics and reporting to help provide insights to business performance.
- Ensure linkage to central functions in execution of country initiatives, deployment of new products/capabilities and alignment with company-wide missions
- Drive investment decisions and key resource allocation discussions, including ROI-based economic trade-offs
- Lead your team to discover, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research.
- Build, support and coach a world class finance and strategy organisation.
For this role you need to have the following skill set:
- 12+ years experience with at least 5+ years at a senior level, leading teams and working closely with executive stakeholders
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing exec-level stakeholders
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- Able to lead cross-functional and globally dispersed teams without authority
- Proven ability to operate and succeed within a fast-paced environment
Preferred, but not required:
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or customer-obsessed marketplace business is a plus
We are a young company with dynamic growth, so you must be prepared to work hard and show continued commitment and dedication to the business.
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.