About the role:
The Delivery group is responsible for all aspects of delivering a meal from when the customer decides to order, until it arrives to the customer. This includes the customer's experience, the management of the rider fleet, all the logistics around this including how much we pay riders to deliver these Orders.
Delivery is part of the Tech org at Deliveroo and we work with our partners in Operations, both globally and within markets, to help them fine tune aspects of the fleet.
What you’ll be doing:
There are three core areas; planning, communications and engineering processes.
Day to day:
- Work with the engineers, product management, and data scientists to build a roadmap, prioritize and execute the goals of the business specifically around Delivery.
- Track issues and find solutions for programme problems as they arise
- Stakeholder management: This is a critical role for Deliveroo to make sure both external and internal teams are working toward the same goal and managing communication & changes. You’ll need to advocate for all stakeholders throughout the program to ensure they have the support needed to succeed
- Process optimisation: It’s essential that we continue to learn. You’ll be responsible for identifying where we can improve, and making sure that we execute required changes across teams
- Workflow improvement: You will work closely with your team to define and maintain work practices, tools and guidelines across the team
- Identify and define opportunities for improvements to our tooling and processes that benefit and optimize the usage of our fleet of riders. Work with the teams and our stakeholders to realize these improvements.
- Passion for working in Logistics and Delivery
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships, and collaborate with diverse geographically distributed teams
- Manage multiple facets of a large-scale project and track progress
- Work on many tasks at once, which makes multitasking skills a must-have
- Solve problems to keep multiple programmes of work on track
- Work effectively in a constantly evolving and ambiguous environment
- Industry experience as a Technical Programme Manager
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges to all org levels
- Stakeholder management experience
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role, to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.