We are looking for a Commercial Manager to join our UK team, based in London. This is a rare opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded start-up. You’ll be liaising with Deliveroo’s most important restaurant partners in your zones, to cultivate existing relationships and help them increase their sales. You’ll also be driving the overall growth and performance of the zones you are responsible for, working cross-functionally with teams at Deliveroo to solve problems and seize growth opportunities. This is an excellent role for a commercial and outgoing individual who enjoys building and maintaining relationships, solving business problems and driving business growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintaining and growing relationships between Deliveroo and our top UK restaurant partners through strong communication both face-to-face and remotely
- Driving restaurant performance through data analysis and industry knowledge to maximise order volume and growth potential through Deliveroo
- Driving city growth through data analysis and problem solving to maximise market share growth for Deliveroo
- Negotiating contracts and terms of partnership
- Liaising with our national restaurant and rider operations teams to improve operations in your zones
- Working with marketing teams to launch campaigns to accelerate restaurant and zones growth
- Innovating and presenting new ideas to increase Deliveroo’s growth in your zones and the UK
- Working with your manager to develop and implement the growth strategy for your cities
- Being a local expert for your zones. This means knowing the restaurant industry inside and out, and being the face of Deliveroo to the restaurant industry.
- 2-6 years experience in account management, commercial and/or growth teams OR 1-3 years experience in management consulting, strategy consulting or professional services
- Effective relationship-building and communication skills face to face, via phone or email
- Strong commercial acumen and foundation data analysis skills
- Results orientated, with a track record of achieving targets
- Self-starter, hard worker and well organised with demonstrated ability to take the initiative and solve problems
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.