Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Head of Local Marketing will be responsible for the definition, execution and monitoring of all our marketing activations at local level. He will be responsible for designing our marketing plans covering the full consumer funnel from awareness to loyalty in the new cities where Deliveroo arrives, but also for the marketing plans in our priority cities where we want to accelerate our growth. This position will report directly to the Marketing Director
- Manages of a Local Marketing Associate
- Responsible for the marketing diagnosis per city to define the main consumers challenges at a local level
- Work with our external media agency, and our external local marketing
- Cross-functional collaboration - effectively collaborate with teams across the business- both locally and centrally- including commercial team and the rest of the marketing services (Rx Marketing, CRM, Brand Equity)
- Measure and monitor the impact and effectiveness of campaigns, report back to the Marketing Director on results and recommendations for improvements
- 5-6 years marketing experience as brand or group manager running successful 360 marketing campaigns covering the entire consumer funnel
- Fluent in English
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to turn data into actionable insights
- Customer-centric, with an understanding of customer segmentation
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas
- Ability to influence and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Affinity for the food sector
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around