About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the IT services powering Deliveroo’s internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards reliability.
As a Network Engineer, you will be responsible for proactively improving our Networking environments, facilitating delivery of business projects and providing feedback and support to adhere to Service Levels. Your support, systems engineering and automation skills will be challenged and appreciated daily.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Be an advocate representing individuals and groups of users to ensure our fellow Deliveroo colleagues receive the best possible IT experience.
- Engage in improving the whole lifecycle of Network services—from inception and design, through to engineering, deployment, with primary focus upon reliable operations.
- Wireless network design (HLD/LLD), planning, testing and surveying
- Configuration management of Wireless network hardware
- Resolve operational incidents and requests rapidly and proactively improve our network environments to avoid & mitigate incidents. Domains include office-based networking and Deliveroo Editions, our delivery-only kitchens business.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring indicators such as availability, ticket trends, and overall service health against SLOs.
- Optimise systems sustainably through mechanisms including Python automation and API self-service, and evolve services by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Create and maintain quality documentation and records.
- A proven track record of success as an Network Engineer
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving with a sense of ownership
- Driven, self-starter without requiring close supervision, collaborative, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a dynamic organisation.
- Recent non-trivial coding experience with confidence in at least one programming language - preferably Python.
- In-depth engineering experience with some of the following technologies:
- Cisco wired and wifi
- Firewalls and switches
- Detailed knowledge of 802.11 protocol stack and excellent understanding of networking fundamentals such as the OSI Model and TCP/IP stack,DHCP and DNS.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience (including when under pressure) including packet capture and analysis
- Comfortable dealing with vendors and comparing commercial offers.
We’re also interested in…
- Experience of successfully working in a technology-led business.
- Exposure to any of the following:
- Experience in creating insightful dashboards
- Exposure to Agile, DevOps, SDLC, ITIL and SRE.
- Relevant higher education and professional certifications (CCNP, CWNA, CWDP, CWAP, ACMA, ECSE)