This role is responsible for defining and driving the global rider-facing marketing strategy, in order to support the Rider supply team in achieving the rider acquisition goals. You will be accountable for creating the cross-channel marketing strategy, content production, channel planning and providing leadership to a cross-functional team of marketing specialists, dedicated to rider marketing, that deliver on the marketing plan.
This role reports to the Global Rider Marketing Director and whilst part of the central marketing team, this role is embedded in the Rider Operations organisation to ensure you develop a deep understanding of how Rider ops works and how to better work to hit their objectives.
Key deliverables & responsibilities of this role:
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing Rider value proposition and becoming a key contributor to developing the next version of it.
- Develop a deep understanding of the economics of the rider lifecycle and the trade-offs between acquisition retention and participation incentives, maximising the effectiveness of our rider marketing budget
- Becoming a key member of the Rider Ops team.
- Drive a cross-functional working group composed of people from different marketing and non-marketing teams (CRM, performance, brand, research and DS) as if they were your own team. This will require inspirational leadership and setting clear metrics and deliverables.
- Management of the Rider Marketing Budget in conjunction with Rider Marketing Director and local markets.
- Own and implement the Rider Acquisition strategy.
- Develop and own a testing plan to ensure we’re continually learning how to allocate spend more efficiently within each acquisition channel and how we should be allocating spend between channels
- Be the main point person between the Specialists within the Performance Marketing teams & Local Markets
- Work with Rider Insights team to ensure we continue to gain valuable understanding of the Rider Fleet that and determine how this could inform our acquisition strategy
- Develop acquisition playbooks which can be rolled out across all markets to meet specific Local Market needs
- Regular reporting on performance vs Targets & progress towards longer term strategic goals to both Local Market Stakeholders & Senior Ops Management
- Work with the central and country Ops supply teams to achieve rider growth objectives
- Coordinate the efforts of all members of the marketing org working on Rider to ensure Applicant targets are hit
Insights, creative and brand
- Ensure all relevant marketing teams have a good understanding of ops needs and that rider insights and segmentation is reflected in our creatives, as well as our digital and CRM strategies
- Leverage the rider segmentation model to optimise creative & channels to attract the desired audiences.
- Ensure we have the best possible content/creative to use across all our channels
- Work with the brand team to create “rider brand strategy” or an extension of the current brand guidelines that apply to Rider.
- In partnership with the Paid Media specialise, define our digital strategy, including through testing new digital marketing channels, scaling them if they prove to be efficient
- Ensure this strategy is differentiated by use-case e.g. new market launches vs mature markets with low applicant needs
- Allocate budget (and set targets) between digital channels
- Drive quality of execution of our digital strategy, including through ensuring we are continually testing and optimising channels and content
- 7+ years marketing experience running successful insight-led growth strategies; B2C experience essential
- Creative development for 360 plans including content, paid digital and offline.
- Experience working in a matrix environment, where thought leadership is key.
- Experience managing 8-digit marketing budgets, across offline and online channels.
- Great analytical skills and problem-solving.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- Great communication & collaboration skills with a passion for building strong. relationships and working cross-functionally in order to establish and meet shared organisational goals. Capable of communicating at executive level.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Fantastic strategic thinker. You are able to distil complex data and information into key insights & themes. You can easily articulate a strategic approach and priorities.
- You will have experience of working with remote teams and have a proven ability to be able to develop strategies & plans that balance global consistency with local nuances. You are adept at developing frameworks that can be deployed in multiple markets and are skilled at assessing and reporting on the impact of these activities.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.