Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
We are looking for a Team Lead to join our UKI Chinese Category team. Reporting to the UKI Commercial Strategy Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to drive the growth of Chinese restaurants across UKI.
You will manage a team of Commercial Managers and Business Development Managers who manage and sign the highest performing Chinese restaurants around the UK and Ireland. The role will be commercially focused and require cross-functional collaboration with different teams across the Deliveroo business (e.g. Regional Managers, Sales and Marketing) to ensure the Chinese Category is performing to its best.
As part of a newly formed team, you’ll have a chance to shape the strategy and execution for the UKI Chinese category of this multi-billion-dollar company. The right candidate will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast-moving environment. The role requires a strategic mindset, strong commercial acumen and a desire to develop and lead a team of high performers.
As a guide, the ideal person will possess the following (remember - this is just a guide):
- Fluent speaker and writer in both English and Mandarin (and Cantonese would be a bonus!)
- 4-8 years working in commercially focused roles
- Experience managing a team of 5-10 people, including remote workers
- Comfortable handling negotiations with restaurant owners and operators
- Effective relationship-building and communication skills whether face to face, through phone or email
- Strong project and time-management skills
- Comfortable looking at and acting on data
- Experience in F&B industry
- The right to work in the UK (Not offering Visa's)
Some of the personal qualities we will look for:
- Natural leader: you are able to motivate and inspire teams to execute against a plan
- Strategic: you are able to formulate a clear, structured, actionable plan, iterating as required
- Proactive: you don't expect things to be put on a plate for you and will instead seek out opportunities to add value
- Data-driven: you obsess over metrics and enjoy digging into data to inform decision-making
- Perseverance and grit: you’re a hustler and you’re not afraid
- Competitiveness: you’ll be working within a highly efficient team who like to win (as individuals and together)
- Curiosity: you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- Top-notch people skills: you have bags of emotional intelligence which can be used to win round even the toughest of accounts
Remember, this is just a guide - if you see something you can’t tick off... good, you can learn here!
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation