Reporting into the Rider Fraud Manager, you will be the first port of call for fraudulent rider behaviour. By digging into data, you will identify areas of rider behaviour we need to address - whether it’s in order, in session or in account. By understanding the behaviour, its motivation and the impact it has on our service, you will be able to propose thresholds for internal policies having scoped the size of the issue, allowing us to not only continue to provide an excellent service to our customers but also protect riders access to work and preserve the order journey across all of Deliveroo’s markets.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Owning in entirety 1 or more rider behaviour workstreams for all EU markets, whilst maintaining a strong knowledge of all other verticals in the fraud team
- Sending communications to riders to notify suspected behaviour or agreement breaches
- Taking reports of new fraudulent behaviours and scoping the size of the problem
- Analysing data to understand the behaviour of our riders, its impact on service, and propose solutions with thresholds for internal policies
- Using both of the above to support the Ops Department in hitting key service KPIs
- Work with the junior members of the team where appropriate, supporting them on their projects
- Collaborate with the Escalations team leader to collect information and reports on rider behaviour
- Create and improve current tools, with the aim to streamline the way we review rider behaviour
- Reviewing rider behaviour on a regular basis in line with the internal policies
- Being the expert when someone suspects a rider of fraudulent behaviour
In Deliveroo Operations we like to engage with our riders and speak to them regularly to understand their challenges, in this role you might be expected to take part of rider events, site visits or experience being a rider, to gain first hand insights of rider behaviour.
- A university degree or equivalent experience, with an analytical background
- 1-2 years work experience.
- You are confident with Google Sheets and other data analytics tools, including SQL
- You are a problem solver
- You are detail-oriented
- You are a strong team player but can work autonomously
- You are happy working in a fast-paced environment and can easily adapt to change
- You are self-motivated and eager to learn
- Inquisitive and forward-thinking - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements
- Adaptable Fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right.
- Analytical - Able to identify the relevant information required to make a decision and present that information in a concise, logical manner
- Track record of ‘getting shit done’ - Operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high-quality decisions
- Enjoy working in a fast-changing, collaborative environment with ambitious targets designed to disrupt a major global market
- Organised - Always deliver the right work at the right time
- Project management - Experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a structured and logical way