Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation running effectively.
As a Group Product Manager for Consumer Pricing you will lead the product management of Deliveroo’s pricing levers: consumer fees, food pricing and promotions. You will drive the development of new capabilities to create a coherent, competitive and sustainable consumer pricing proposition, enabling us to meet our company objectives.You will deeply consider market dynamics and the relationship between price and other aspects of our service, and will work to expand our customer value proposition through pricing levers. Pairing closely with your commercial counterpart, you will have shared responsibility for defining Deliveroo’s consumer pricing strategy globally. You will then collaborate closely with your engineering, design & data science partners to define a roadmap to execute on this plan. On the promotions side, your team will leverage continuous experimentation to achieve a deeper understanding of the types of promo mechanics and discounts we should run to drive customer growth, improve value-for-money perception (or drive other key objectives), whilst also being financially sustainable.
Group Product Managers lead some of our most complex, ambiguous and high priority projects to drive impact at a group and company level. You’ll be responsible for leading multiple product squads by both managing your own squad whilst overseeing the work of squads led by other product managers in your area. You will be expected to deliver high standard projects that require complex stakeholder management and coordination across multiple product teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Set product strategy and define the technical roadmap across multiple squads; aiming to maximise the business value from our consumer-facing pricing levers and consumer facing promotional capabilities
- Have accountability for executing on your roadmap to deliver measured value to the business; confidently and independently orchestrating a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists & designers
- Build and take to market a set of capabilities and tools to enable commercial teams to effectively manage to order volume and profitability targets
- Be a thought-leader on the realms of consumer pricing, promotions & value-for-money, working closely with stakeholders to shape their requirements and feed into their commercial plans
- Independently manage internal stakeholder communication across all levels of the business to drive a consensus on approach across the business.
- Extensive domain expertise in building or working with pricing and/or promotions
- Product Management experience in a similar size or scaling tech company
- A track-record for defining the strategy to tackle ambiguous problem spaces and for building teams from the ground-up to execute on your plans
- Experience working with algorithmic data products
- Experience working in a global, consumer business with geographically distributed teams
- Are a strong coach and mentor, and have experience line managing and developing other product managers
- Are highly analytical, confident with financial data and can collaborate effectively with Data Scientists to make data-led decisions and contribute to financial planning.
- Are highly detail-oriented and thrive in a scrappy environment where impact and velocity of execution are paramount.