Content designers are part of our Experience team at Deliveroo. The Experience team defines how our customers, riders, restaurants and grocery partners interact with Deliveroo’s products. We’re based in London but our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Amsterdam and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
Deliveroo’s content designers work on the user experience of our products and are accountable for the communication within them. They don’t work on marketing, blogging or social media.
What you’ll be doing
- Sitting within one of our Experience team groups (grocery, consumer, restaurant or rider) and contributing to the group’s product strategy and vision
- Breaking down projects and defining where content design input is needed
- Working closely with a squad of product designers, engineers and more to create seamless, human-centred experiences for users
- Driving all the stages of the content design process – defining, writing, testing, iterating and localising product features across web and mobile platforms
- Contributing to content design documentation, patterns and processes, from content standards to a consistent voice and tone
- Being an advocate for content design both inside and outside Deliveroo
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
Aside from this, we're looking for:
- Experience designing content for digital products from end-to-end, from identifying user needs to testing content
- Experience following a content design strategy and using content structures and patterns
- Evidence of your design thinking, and understanding of the product development lifecycle
- Experience working with stakeholders and their feedback
- An ability to work with a certain level of ambiguity – we move fast
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food delivered, fast. But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead.
We want to be the definitive food company – the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.