Head of Sales, Singapore
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
And we’re just getting started...
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense, especially after a tumultuous 2020 which has seen food and grocery delivery become a way of life. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Head of Sales will report into the Head of Commercial, and own Deliveroo’s sales strategy and performance from front to end. The HoS will build and lead a team of Business Development Managers and Sales Development representatives that is responsible for signing up the best quality restaurants in Singapore. This person will be the consummate sales professional, with a hunger and ability to get tricky deals over the line while keeping the business’ best interests front of mind. At the same time, this person will be a people manager, able to motivate a growing team of Business Development managers and Sales Development representatives to hit their own ambitious targets.
- Facilitate meetings with high profile F&B groups, lead negotiations, and close deals while managing both internal and external stakeholders
- Own relationships with key restaurant industry stakeholders
- Define and lead our sales strategy across Singapore, working closely with sales planning teams in HQ to learn best practices from other markets, develop strong tools and pitch decks, and deploy effective execution plans
- Lead, develop, mentor and motivate a team of 6+ BDMs and SDRs
- Regular performance reporting to senior management
- Background: minimum of 5 years of sales experience, 3 years’ experience in managing sales teams of 5+ people, with a proven track record of closing high stakes deals. Working in a high growth company previously is a plus.
- Well-liked people person with leadership qualities, able to connect on a profound level with internal teammates, external restaurant partners, and your own team. Able to coach, mentor and develop your team.
- Previous experience selling in the Singapore F&B industry is not required, but a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of driving yourself and your team to achieve targets
- Analytically minded - should be comfortable using data to track performance and identify areas of improvement, and to improve the efficacy of our restaurant pitches ;.
- Cross-functional team player - a collaborative team player who is able to get the best out of the people around you. Able to work effectively at all levels of Deliveroo and leverage other departments to deliver successful selling results
- Upbeat, confident & high energy - you bring freshness, energy and passion into the team. Help create a working environment that is unique, spawns new ideas and is enjoyable for the other people involved
- 20 days Annual Leave
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free Delivery and access to special offers
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Never go thirsty: Coffee machine and stocked fridges
- Daily breakfast, healthy snacks and fruits
- Group insurance covering hospitalisation & surgical, extended major medical, medical outpatient & outpatient specialist and dental
- Voluntary dependent insurance
- Parent friendly working culture with Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefit and Mother’s room available in office
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around