When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
- Manage processes, media partners, internal stakeholders to deliver best in class digital campaigns planned and executed end-to-end in-house.
- Develop and iterate on planning toolkits, templates and best practices in digital media planning and buying
- Support 360 media planning and integrate digital plans seamlessly with other media (working with our local agencies)
- Be a thought leader and step change our in-house planning capabilities
- Apply best in class digital media planning principles to create, deliver and report on full funnel digital media plans for all local marketing teams
- Be the guardian of our brand message across all digital touch points
- Own campaign planning process from end-to-end from brief, response, activation and post campaign analysis ensuring we are applying learnings to future activities
- Iterate on our digital media planning process to streamline briefing from local marketing teams and improve transparency of plans. Identify pain points and implement solutions to fix them in a timely manner.
- Act as a central point of contact for local Marketing Directors, Heads of Marketing and Marketing Leadership for digital campaigns and support central executional best practices
- Liaise with channel leads to enforce SLAs and ensure plans are handed over in a timely manner and activation is completed on time with campaigns delivering in full. Iterate on this process to reduce any friction between planning and activation as needed.
- Support troubleshooting of campaigns in media platforms where necessary as one of our key points of contact for media partners
- Develop relationships with new media partners and using your influence to negotiate discounts on media buys as well as added value to maximise the potential effectiveness of our buys
- Use insights gathered about our customers to tailor campaigns and creatives to target audiences, working with internal insights team to develop a roadmap of tests and work with local markets to support executing these tests
- Apply your expert knowledge of 1st party data usage to drive the adoption and automation of audiences usage across all our digital media plans to ensure we are delivering the right message to the right user at the right time, cross channel
- Work closely with our ATL media agency in order to deliver 360 responses to campaign briefs, apply knowledge of offline channels identify opportunities to improve campaign plans
- Manage stakeholders across all levels of the business including Directors and C-Suite to ensure their campaign goals are met
What we’re looking for
- Digital marketing lead with +7 years cross-channel media planning experience
- High level of commercial awareness and experience negotiating multi-million pound media deals including DVIP, added value or discounted rates
- Creative agility, willingness to test new ideas and iterate constantly to improve performance
- Significant experience working with planning tools, 1st and 3rd party data integrations, CDPs, dynamic creative platforms
- Critical thinker and ability to dissect campaign performance and turn into actionable insights that inform our global strategy
- Hands on experience setting up campaigns in ad platforms like Google Ads, DV360 & Facebook
- Outstanding presentation skills, turning global media strategies into compelling stories
- Sell the value of digital planning to local marketing teams, developing case studies and planning roadmaps
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.