Senior Local Marketing Manager, Ireland & Scotland
The Local Activation Team
The Senior Local Marketing Manager will sit within the newly formed Local Activation Team. The team is responsible for developing the strategy for how Deliveroo wins at a regional, local and hyper-local level. This includes identifying target audiences, commercial insights and consumer insights to develop highly relevant and engaging messaging across key cities.
The team utilises these insights to develop campaigns and toolkits, that they then execute tactically across key regions, cities and neighbourhoods to unblock consumer barriers and win market share.
Within the team the Head of Local Activation and three Senior Local Marketing Managers lead the strategic direction and performance of the regions. This role will be responsible for developing, executing and measuring fully integrated marketing campaigns across Ireland & Scotland, alongside delivering reactive & tactical activity to address commercial needs.
The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering NC/Order targets across Ireland and Scotland. They will achieve this by working collaboratively with the Growth Team to evaluate the commercial needs and opportunities across their regions.
They will provide insights, analysis and recommendations, using this output to lead joint business planning at country, city and neighbourhood levels. They will align senior stakeholders to key initiatives & priorities for the year; before translating into annual marketing plans.
These plans will encompass Mass Comms & CRM activity across the whole of Ireland; working closely with our Media and Restaurant teams, to bespoke UK national campaigns.
In addition, they will develop bespoke & reactive campaigns for both Ireland and Scotland. The Senior MM will identify which marketing levers need to be pulled (eg. Awareness, Conversion, Daypart Sales), select the most effective channel mix and deliver standout creative & messaging, that delivers against their insight-led brief.
They will proactively develop business tracking tools, provide regular channel updates and strategic reviews. They will improve our ability to react to tactical opportunities, by supporting the development of the Local Activation Portal (evolving this into a one-stop-shop for reactive hyperlocal campaign execution). They will take ownership of the portal, ensuring that additional bespoke campaigns and toolkits are developed and added to this.
They will sit on the Regional Management team and oversee the budget, ensuring that we are delivering plans within budget and reporting on payback. In addition, they will present learnings across the wider business, helping to demonstrate the positive CPIO/CPIA of hyperlocal activity whilst elevating the team profile.
They will be well versed in developing effective and credible relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- 5+ years experience marketing or agency experience executing TTL marketing campaigns. At least 2yrs in a senior position.
- You’re both analytical & commercial and you enjoy interpreting data to develop insight/consumer-led marketing strategy. You can then translate this into strategic and creative campaigns.
- You have extensive channel knowledge across multi-channel, earned and own channels; confident in creating channel plans to deliver against campaign objectives.
- You can optimise and evaluate campaigns, whilst providing future recommendations.
- You will have experience of bespoking national campaigns, from messaging through to developing regional media campaign layers.
- You’re skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can manage multiple cross-departmental stakeholders; confident communicating at all levels.
- You have a self-starter attitude and you’re able to deliver in a fast-paced matrixed organization with constant change.
- You have a proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- Experience within growth marketing in a startup environment is a plus.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to anyone of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-up’s around.