When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows, we’re looking for a passionate and intellectually curious Senior Pricing Manager, to join our expanding Pricing & Value team. We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there around how to monetize our business while improving our value for money perception. Consumer pricing is right at the heart of the strategic direction of our global business - and you will not only have the opportunity to own projects end-to-end but regularly collaborate across multiple functions.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to lead on multiple strategic initiatives as our business continues to evolve rapidly: from refining our pricing models across existing and new offerings (e.g. grocery deliveries, pick-up, table service) to determining how to provide better value for money for our consumers. Success in this role will require building excellent working relationships across Deliveroo, be a confident self-starter and have an ability to influence and make things happen.
You will be an integral part of our Pricing squad, a cross-functional team composed of pricing business owners, product managers, engineers and data scientists who jointly set their objectives and work together to achieve them.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop the consumer pricing framework and principles for new service lines (Grocery, Pick-up, Table service)
- Work with Data Science to improve our processes and algorithms that produce price recommendations across Deliveroo’s markets & local neighbourhoods.
- Work closely with the Rider (Delivery) function on how consumer demand and rider supply can align better
- Work closely with the Restaurants function to understand how food prices impact customer decisions
- Work with broader pricing and data science team to upgrade our intelligence dashboards
- Work with user research and comms teams to build communication strategies around new value propositions
- 7+ years experience working in a Commercial, Consulting and / or Strategy role
- Comfortable in data pulling, handling, and analysis, able to pick out the key insights and experienced in manipulating and visualising data
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously
- Great communication & collaboration skills with a passion for building strong relationships and working cross-functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goals
- Experience communicating to internal and external audiences
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams