Payroll Benefits Lead
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us. The Head of Payroll sits within Financial Reporting, and reports to the Director of Corporate Reporting and Financial Operations.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain KPI’s, support The Global Payroll Manager in guiding countries to ensure accurate & timely reporting. Share practices and drive consistency with an aim to improve operational efficiency and improve accuracy in pay.
- Enable the ongoing identification of operational & regulatory risk. For any risks identified, ensure clear mitigation plans are defined, with clear ownership that are tracked through to resolution.
- Engage, oversee and approve any Payroll change within each market, ensuring alignment (where possible) to globally standardized payroll processes and requirements.
- Ensure consistent management of all 3rd party payroll impacting providers.
- Lead on discovery sessions and development of Payroll enabling technology (PECI, API) and data solutions, including the management of change and capability building in solutions for the business
Your impact on the business
- Drive cost reduction (inline with our Company Values) across the payroll platform in all markets, through adoption of centralized operational processing, application of standardized processes and delivery of a consistent service model.
- Monitor Global Payroll KPI’s, support & guide countries to ensure accurate & timely reporting.
- Successfully support in engaging with the wider business, designing and delivering performance improvement of Payroll and Benefits functions
Operations and Control
- Administration of the share options platform (Ocorion), including for the IFRS 2 administration through Shareworks.
- Liaise with internal and external customers, on a wide range of Benefit related issues in all markets in which we operate.
- HMRC, INAIL, URSSAF, ATO, IR21, L&G, PWC (small example)
- Meeting targets for accuracy, quality and volume and agreed service levels
- Satisfactory resolution of queries
- Performing the associated administrative requirements of dealing with new joiners/leavers of multiple benefit and Option schemes
- Liaising with internal and external clients in a professional and courteous manner
- Working with external advisers in all markets to ensure latest changes in tax law are proactively considered against share scheme and benefit in kind reporting
- Support the administration of all the company pension schemes and Monthly pension global submissions via provider websites
- Provide payroll assessments for auto-enrolment using provider software
- Dealing with general enquiries from both corporate clients and their employees (Be the point of contact for all employment related queries arising from the business and external advisers including advice on mobility/relocation/residency and related issues
- Management of global compliance tracker across share scheme reporting (unapproved, EMIs, French Free Shares and RSUs during grant, vesting and exercise) and BIKs including accurate forecasting and calculation and provision of Payrolled Benefits and BIK, eg
- FBT in Australia
- PSA UK
- P11d UK
- Produce proactive and succinct updates to be circulated to inform employees about any changes to the benefits and related tax cost
- Support the People / Payroll Team with the end-to-end process of the annual benefits renewal and benefits enrolment window project and, with Compensation and Benefits projects such as gender pay gap, salary reviews etc.
- Partner with finance teams to manage benefits billing to ensure accurate recording and timely payment.
- Drive process and controls improvements across all areas of responsibility and document accordingly in these areas within the Senior Accounting Officer framework
- Experience in an employee benefits role, between 1-4 years.
- Strong numerical and analytic skills
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
- High level of IT literacy with proficient use of G Sheets
- High level of accuracy, both grammatical and numerical
- Self starter able to work on own initiative with excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Experience using HRIS systems, particularly Workday
- Experience supporting international benefit programs in a multinational company
- Deep understanding of operational risk and experience in identifying & implementing controls to mitigate such risks;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a reactive environment with conflicting demands, and be comfortable with ambiguity;
- Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve challenges and issues;
- Ability to make considered decisions that protect and enhance Deliveroo values, reputation and commercial interests;
- Experience in high growth and / or tech start up environments.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.