Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you'll be doing:
As a Business Development Manager, you'll be liaising with Melbourne or Sydney’s diverse restaurant community. You'll develop new relationships with restaurants as well cultivating existing ones. This is a role for an intelligent, motivated, self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.
Day to day, you will:
- Map and target restaurants across Melbourne or Sydney in a very methodical and organised fashion
- Communicate (physical visits, email, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Record your day to day activities in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Utilise technology to automate your communications
- Collaborate with the wider Commercial and Marketing teams on project work
Skills you'll need:
- You must be comfortable with autonomously targeting new business and have proven Sales Experience
- The job requires great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Ability to identify the goals and needs of a restaurant through a consultative questioning approach, and match this with our solutions
- Persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients is a must
- You'll have a strategic approach and be able to identify long term and short term opportunities
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry is a significant plus
- You will need to be tenacious and self motivated
- Experience with a cloud based phone system
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Health and Wellbeing: weekly exercise classes plus regular yoga and meditation classes
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.
Please note: This is a 4 month fixed term contract. We have roles in both Sydney and Melbourne so welcome applications from people in each location.