Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing…
We’re looking for talented people to join our Operations Engagement department and help to keep our hard-working riders happy and motivated. Rider Engagement drives Deliveroo's relationship with riders, building a community and keeping them at the heart of everything we do. This is the perfect opportunity to take your first steps in an exciting, fast-growing business and develop your operational abilities.
As Operations Engagement Associate, you will drive and innovate the Deliveroo Rider engagement strategy, which aims to consistently deliver the best in class rider experience through direct engagement, partnerships and campaigns which help drive future improvement initiatives. You will have the responsibility of ensuring that the rider experience is optimal, consistent and satisfactory. Whether it is by arranging an entertainment event, tracking the level of satisfaction of our fleet or building partnerships across different verticals, your North star will have to be ensuring incremental improvement in the way our riders interact with us and among themselves, with the ultimate goal of creating a strong community of Deliveroo riders.
- Source, review and signing off campaigns, initiatives, and partnerships. Helping set the partnership strategy, you’ll research sectors and identify partnership structures that can help us achieve our rider engagement strategies
- Create processes/tools to monitor fleet sentiment/feedback and take improvement oriented actions
- Continually analyse and improve processes (rider events management, rider partnerships set up, fleet communication, general Deliveroo fleet support & engagement procedures) to ensure strong alignment with an ever expanding riders fleet
- Create new initiatives to foster our rider community and improve rider satisfaction
- Plan and manage quarterly rider events (previous events have included cinema trips and bowling)
- Build and own Riders’ partnerships network in Hong Kong, working tightly with internal teams at our London HQ and across our international markets
Skills you’ll need & Eligibility…
- At least 2 years of experience in operations or a similar engagement role; relevant experience in a high growth start-up environment preferred
- Ability to deliver complex messages and explain concepts clearly and succinctly to a diverse audience
- Experience with a range of digital and social media platforms and proven ability to use digital and social media as an effective communications tool
- Sufficient numeracy to make actionable insights from quantitative and qualitative data sets
- Outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly establish rapport and credibility with a range of stakeholders
- Creative thinker and able to look beyond the obvious to opportunities to derive benefit from our riders and improve their experience
- Fluent in Chinese and English, with style and the ability to employ the appropriate tone of voice for any situation.
- Passion for food, travel and making new connections
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.