At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As Global Director of Employee Communications you will have the opportunity to design a company-wide strategy for communications spanning 12 geographies. While we have some practices in place, we’ll be asking this person to design a strategy starting from scratch. Once a plan has been detailed, you’ll then need to roll up your sleeves and put your strategy into practice - assembling the right team and working regularly across the executive leadership group as well as across General Managers and functional leads globally. You’ll need to determine the channels we use to engage our team members, the mix and method of highlighting content and the cadence at which we bring all of this together.
The Global Director of Employee Communications will report into the Chief People Officer and sit on the People Leadership team. You’ll need to work across your people team colleagues to ensure our communications strategy is joined up with our team initiatives and roadmap and that it leverages the employee engagement and similar data sets that we’re regularly refreshing.
We are a company full of dynamic, interesting, thoughtful teams who are working to solve some really difficult problems. Our internal communications programme needs to reflect that. We want this role to drive punchy campaigns that are creative and engaging - and most importantly capture our company culture which is focused on innovation.
This role is an unique opportunity to have an outsized impact on the trajectory of a business that is growing at a breakneck pace. Your work will directly impact the engagement levels of our 2,000+ employees as well as ensure every team member is as informed as possible so that they can do their jobs leveraging the right set of information, guidance and operating principles. Additionally as we continue to work to solidify our company culture, your role in driving cross company communications will play a major part in driving us to the right outcome.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop a global company-wide strategy for employee communications across all channels
- Determine a channel and tool approach, content mix and prioritisation, engagement approach, content candace and own the global communications calendar
- Work closely with exec team, country general managers, functional leads and people team leads to ensure buy-in of strategy and execution
- Lean heavily on people team data insights (engagement metrics and others) to measure the impact of and drive the constant iteration and evolution of the strategy
- Develop creative and engaging campaigns that have cut-through across the business - using a mix of mediums incl video, podcasts, webinars, blogs and direct communications (the sky's the limit)
- Establish a recognisable tone of voice that reflects our company culture
- Build team and execute on strategy including major company-wide touch points (i.e. firmwides, information relevant to all employees, etc.)
- Work with people leads and executive team to ensure comms implementation is helping highlight and reinforce company culture
- Work with executive team to determine what portions of team specific communications should have input from or ownership by the Employee comms function
- Develop and integrate best practices across non-owned comms across the business
- Help develop Deliveroo’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP) outlining why Deliveroo vs. somewhere else - a key articulation that will help inform the People team roadmap
- Responsibility handle and consider some of the company’s most sensitive information
- Strong, clear, nuanced and versatile verbal and written communicator with the ability to adapt style for a wide range of audiences and scenarios
- Ability to work cross functionally and with executive and senior stakeholders to drive alignment and buy-in
- High EQ - exceptional ability to understand and tailor efforts to a variety of constituencies with varying focuses and concerns
- Structured thinker with the ability to craft and continue to evolve a global strategy based on data
- Creative - drive engagement and change through creative approaches and humour
- Can switch between pulled out high level strategic mindset and detailed execution orientation seamlessly
- Strong judgement - able to generally make the right call based on sometimes limited information
- Team Player - low ego, high desire to win
- Campaign experience - ability to drive impactful, evolving communication programmes over the medium to long term
Preferred, but not required:
- Programmatic communications or change management experience
- Government, consulting and external communications experience
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of scaling up one of the most exciting companies in tech.