Credit Control Administrator - 6 Month FTC (Spanish Speaker)
Reporting to the Credit Control Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Chasing debt on accounts across all Deliveroo markets.
- Utilise Credit Control tools including direct telephone calls, email correspondence, reminder letters and statements
- Liaising with the wider finance team, Sales and Account managers to ensure timely customer query resolution and facilitate collection of overdue debts
- Secure client remittance advice to ensure correct cash allocation on debtor accounts
- Timely and accurately allocate cash to customer invoices
- Reconciling complex customer accounts
- Ad-hoc duties as required
You will possess
- Spanish speaker - to business / professional level
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Adaptable, able to adjust quickly to changes in processes/ways of working
- Good understanding of Credit Control, having held a Credit Control position previously with minimum 2 years' experience
- Previous exposure to NetSuite
- Excel skills at intermediate level
Please note this is initially a 6 Month fixed-term contract with potential to become a permanent role at a later date.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation. In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success. We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around