This is a varied, fast-paced role where you will be jointly responsible for the inbound, storage, outbound and timely delivery of all restaurant kit across our warehouses globally. The Deliveroo Supply Chain is constantly evolving to meet Deliveroo’s needs. Identifying and delivering appropriate solutions, whilst continuing to drive efficiency and process improvement is critical.
Working as part of a dynamic team within the Finance Organisation, you will be reporting to the Head of Supply Chain. You will be trusted to work autonomously in the team, with work streams that can be ambiguous. You would be comfortable to contribute in defining ways of working and driving greater efficiencies.
You’ll also work very closely with the following stakeholders:
- Local Markets - work with local teams to understand and deliver on their requirements.
- Logistics and Warehousing Providers - manage 3PL’s to ensure supply chain continuity is maintained and service levels are met.
- Rider Kit Strategy - partner with Deliveroo operational teams to understand, support and execute strategic plans.
- Execute supply plans practically: managing POs and inventory, remaining keenly aware of implications across other parts of the business.
- Ensure stock accuracy and visibility within a mostly unintegrated/automated system infrastructure
- Manage multiple cross-functional work streams effectively, with a stakeholder-centric focus.
- Drive new selection launches across supply chain, working closely with operational teams to maximise efficiencies and presenting updates to senior management
- Has 3+ years’ experience in an operational role in a high growth startup, logistics firm or retailer (ideally supply chain, but could be purchasing, sourcing, supplier project management or similar)
- Has experience of managing multiple stakeholders
- Has a deep desire to solve and dive deep into real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions; but can also roll their sleeves up and get involved in high volumes of transactional work
- Can prioritise effectively across multiple workstreams
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively
- Possesses strong communication skills with the ability to inspire a bias for action
- Has solid Excel and modelling skills
To succeed in this role, you will be:
- DETAIL ORIENTED: You’ll be working on executing supply plans in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Speed and accuracy are equally important; as is challenging your colleagues when you identify situations where lack of clarity will have a potential supply chain impact
- ANALYTICAL AND COLLABORATIVE: There will be some number-crunching and/or data modelling involved; you should also be proactive in gathering input from relevant stakeholders to co-create pragmatic solutions where required
- DECISIVE AND ACTION-ORIENTED: You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with making quick yet calculated decisions, even in times of ambiguity. You will also need to recommend courses of action and be able to bring colleagues along with you in order to execute successfully
At Deliveroo, we want to be the definitive food company. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, transforming the way people think about food. We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes. And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around