When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
- Responsible for end-to-end strategy and planning of all global paid digital campaign briefs from our local marketing teams.
- Lead stakeholder for local marketing teams and global go-to for all paid digital campaign work.
- Responsible for the development and coordination of robust integrated cross channel digital media plans including audiences, budget split by channel, creative requirements and measurement leveraging customer insights, research, first party data, historical performance and your deep digital channel knowledge to inform decision making.
- Ownership of the internal briefing, planning and SLA framework. Maintain and develop a scalable set of internal tools to enable efficient briefing and communication between central and local teams.
- Building and maintaining great relationships with cross-functional central teams as well as local markets.
- Innovation within planning. Encourage and nurture a technology driven planning function to improve processes, audience targeting and creative development leading to more effective campaigns being ran at scale.
- Work with key advertising partners to leverage expertise to gain added value for our campaigns.
- Line management and development of a team of Digital Planners.
- Cross channel paid digital expert with previous hands on experience in channels including but not limited to Paid Social, Display, Online Video, Paid Search.
- Commercial acumen, being able to translate high level often conflicting business objectives into actionable media plans.
- Demonstrate problem solving abilities within a digital landscape.
- Demonstrate use of digital creative best practices and an iterative approach to creative testing.
- Understanding of wider marketing planning principles.
- Demonstrate ability to work on multiple time sensitive projects at once.
- Demonstrate the ability to make difficult trade off decisions.
- Highly organised and process driven.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around