When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are looking for a Commercial Management Lead to join our UK Team at Deliveroo. This is a rare opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded start-up. You’ll be responsible for training and developing a team of Commercial Managers with a focus on driving growth and building lasting relationships with our top restaurant partners. You will have a hands-on approach and will be able to work with autonomy and in a structured manner. This position will report directly into the Growth Director, UK and will be based in London, with regular travel across the UK.
- Team lead on communicating and implementing best practices to drive development within the Commercial Management team. Will embed consistency across teams to ensure regional standardisation in restaurant outreach
- Develop and coach a team of 8-10 Commercial Managers on:
- Implementing partner retention initiatives in collaboration with the local marketing, commercial and operations teams
- Translating strategic initiatives into actionable insights and tasks for Commercial Managers
- Advising commercial managers on potential deal structures to ensure high-level regional goals are met
- Training commercial managers on executing a successful meeting face-to-face with high profile restaurant partners
- Creating templates for existing restaurant conversations which will include engagement strategies to foster strong partner relationships
- Forecasting and tracking key metrics for partner and revenue growth
- Innovating and presenting new ideas to increase Deliveroo growth and efficiencies
- Performance improvement ensuring that all Commercial Managers are continually improving and keeping up to date with our commercial goals
- Managing the Commercial Operations Executive who will streamline administrative tasks for the Commercial Managers
- Reporting to the Growth Director on performance across key KPIs and special projects
The ideal candidate has previous Account Management, Training & Development experience with a strong set of organisational, communication and commercial skills:
- 5-10 years experience within a commercial environment, responsible for outputs of a high performing sales or account management team
- Highly personable and articulate, able to deliver client-focused solutions
- Excellent coaching skills, ability to motivate team members
- Commercially astute, understand how to advise a deal
- Strong analytical skills, able to build and execute strategy with a data-driven mindset
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Strategic thinker with an eye for detail
- Strong communicator whether face to face, through phone or email
- Ability to report on and diagnose potential problems before they become issues
- A driven, hard-working and proactive individual able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Salesforce, Excel, G-suite, analytics software (Tableau, Looker)
- Excellent Powerpoint/Keynote presentation skills
- Experience in fast-paced, start-up environment preferred
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.