When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Deliveroo’s Information Systems teams are currently running numerous change projects globally to support the rapid growth of the company and we’re seeking an experienced QA Analyst to join a newly created QA team within the department.
The Test Analyst will proactively maintain high-quality standards through systematic metrics and appropriate OKRs. They will work alongside the QA Lead, Senior AQ Test Analysts, Project Managers, Functional Consultants and Tech Leads to ensure that our applications meet and exceed end-user requirements. They will have extensive analytical and problem-solving skills to de-risk activities to ensure a quality system is delivered on time and within budget. Knowledge and experience of working in an agile environment is desired.
- Creation of project-level test strategies and test plans.
- Reviewing the project test basis (functional requirements, architecture, technical specs) to ensure that they are clear, concise and testable.
- Create / Maintain test cases in JIRA for zephyr.
- Working in collaboration with BA’s and ranking of the test cases in terms of priority and impact to enable better test execution planning.
- Estimating test case build and execution effort – to support detailed test planning for releases.
- Executing quality assurance tests and report daily progress, issues, risks and bugs.
- Working with business contacts to create UAT scenarios/scripts
- Participating in the bug triage process and re-test delivered fixes.
- Acting as support for UAT testers during the test execution phase.
- Working with BA’s to create, manage and execute the regression test case suite.
- Managing /working with on-site and off-shore geographically distributed teams
- BS in Computer science or related field
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification in Software Testing or equivalent
- Demonstrable skills and experience with iterative and incremental software delivery and software quality assurance methodologies (RUP, Agile).
- Experience working as a Quality Engineer, Test Specialist or Test Analyst
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and significant experience with structured risk-based testing.
- Demonstrable experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of all test artefacts.
- Good knowledge of test management and issues tracking systems
- A background in the testing of SAAS Information Systems or working experience in CRM systems such as Salesforce, Netsuite and Workday is preferred but not essential.
- Ability and experience in creating periodic status reports on test progress for the projects adopted for Quality Engineering testing is a must.
- You’re unbelievably well organised, you love details and don’t have a cluttered desk.
- You’re patient, understanding and love a challenge;
- You are proactive and full of ideas
- You have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – excellent listening capability and an ability to deliver a message with empathy
- You’ve got strong analytical skills.
Life at Deliveroo
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-ups around.