When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Hungry? Ready for a challenge? Our restaurant partners are the lifeblood of the company and we are building a dedicated function to become a strategic partner to our most valuable restaurants.
As the first associate in the global team - you will be responsible for a wide variety of activities across problem solving, strategy, relationship management and many more. This is a new function so there is an expectation that you are prepared to work across disciplines from the moment you start! This is a pivotal role that will shape our approach for years to come.
An exciting opportunity to join a new Sales Enablement and Training team for the EMEA and APAC regions in Deliveroo is now available. This opportunity is to design, plan and manage, a group of projects to deliver on Deliveroo’s business strategy, supporting the international Sales Organization in the execution. This work will directly impact the growth, productivity and success of several business units within this organisation. In this unique and exciting role, you will work directly alongside business leaders and our operations teams internationally. This collaboration will enable you to define functional requirements, design high level process and solutions, and manage all aspects of project execution – including writing business requirements, maintaining project schedules, resolving or mitigating issues and risks, and communicating results throughout the organization. This is an opportunity to be at the heart of the Sales Enablement and Training agenda in this fast paced, multicultural environment that cares about meaningful work, in a vibrant environment, all whilst being fairly rewarded for it. The successful candidate will be a person who is hands-on and works well with global and cross-functional teams of senior leaders, business managers, operations, and software development, and knows how to manage stakeholders' expectations. This person also has an extremely high level of Customer focus and a passion for process improvement. In addition, he/she enjoys and excels at diving into data to identify root causes, derive patterns and trends, and determine long-term solutions that ensure superior Customer experience. The role is based in London HQ
- Program management expertise: Analyze and dive deeply into Restaurants feedback in order to build new programs or processes driving growth.
- Provide advice, direction and steer to local sales leaders on areas of priorities based on subject matter expertise.
- Content Strategy and Development: Collate and document projects needs (inputs and requirements) across multiple teams internationally. Strategize and develop plans to create new content or update existing materials
- Content Management: Collate, organise and maintain the large suite of the materials, webinars and offerings for your functional area with attention to detail and accuracy
- Cross-Functional Alignment: Understand the sales cycle, pipeline management and product releases and be able to plan and prioritise across several regions and teams to design the most impactful solution for the business
- Analytical and Strategic Planning: Drive reasoning and insight into the building and prioritization of programs which fit the short and longer term strategic agenda of the organization
- Program Reporting: Design and track dashboards and reports on enablement progression. Regularly reporting on the completion, quality and impact of initiatives
- Collaboration and Alignment: Work with a large group of stakeholders to align vision, create consistency and close knowledge gaps. Partner with Global teams and third party vendors to drive international programs as well as regional
- 5 + years of experience in Program Management/ Project Management, Consulting, Human Capital or a Sales, related role, with a consistent proven track record of over achievement of expectations
- Sales Enablement or Learning and Development experience preferable
- Professional Program / Project Management certification required
- Strong executive presence and experience of dealing with Senior Leadership is a must
- Self-motivated, accountable, detail-oriented and resourceful
- Experience working in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment
- Understanding of CRM solutions and features a strong advantage
- Fluency in English a requirement, Additional European language proficiency a very strong advantage
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.