Job Title: Workday Consultant
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 1st of November 2019
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Information Systems team is a newly created cross-functional team there to create and execute a strategic vision on the systems that we use at Deliveroo. From defining the long term road map and requirements for the business to launching and supporting those systems internally, to managing strategic partnerships with key vendors the Information Systems team ensures that we are able to manage the systems we use effectively.
As a Workday Consultant, you will be expected to drive forward the platform used by every employee within Deliveroo. The global implementation and optimisation of the Workday system is key to both the smooth running of Deliveroo’s global HR processes and each Deliveroo employee’s lifecycle.
Reporting into the Information Systems Director, the Workday Consultant will primarily be responsible for managing the implementation and delivery of projects on the Workday platform. By gathering the business requirements you will help us get the most out of our Workday HCM implementation and be recognised as a Subject Matter Expert for global Workday integrations.
- Lead the day-to-day implementation of the Workday system
- Design, prototype, test and implement Workday business solutions.
- Configuration development and prepare To-Be process maps
- discovery, architect, configuration, documentation, testing, and project review sessions
- Configure the system to the customers’ expectations and requirements.
- Manage stakeholders throughout the implementation and support phases of the project
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve all Workday system issues as they arise, either individually or through collaboration with others.
- Ensure the Deliveroo People Team and employees use the Workday system in its most effective way by thorough education and training and workshops.
- Provide post-production and BAU support to the business.
- Process mass uploads using EIBs
- Process improvement requests
- Monitoring existing configurations ensuring the continuation of service levels.
- Work with the dedicated HR process owners and third-party providers to lead on the design and development of any new integration solutions required.
- 3+ years previous experience working in a consulting position throughout a full Workday deployment.
- Demonstrable experience supporting a successful Workday implementation project across the full development lifecycle
- Experience developing HR processes and procedures aligned with the Workday system within a multinational environment
- Expert knowledge and configuration experience of specific Workday modules such as the Core HCM module. Compensation module, Absence Management module, Advance Compensation module and the Performance Management module.
- Proven examples and experience of preparing best in class ‘As is’ and ‘To-Be’ process maps using Visio and/or Googles Drawings.
- Advanced skills in MSOffice, Excel and the full Googles suite of applications comfortable working with large volumes of data.
- A demonstrable history of working on the project lifecycle for technology driven HR Transformation projects aligned to a global organisational restructure.
- Strong working knowledge of Workday integrations.
- You’re unbelievably well organised, you love details and don’t have a cluttered desk.
- You’re patient, understanding and love a challenge;
- You are proactive and full of ideas
- You have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – excellent listening capability and an ability to deliver a message with empathy
- You’ve got strong analytical skills.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.