Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish. As we continue phenomenal growth, the challenge to operate sustainably becomes ever harder. This role is about helping our Taiwan market achieve the step changes required to become the world-leader in food delivery. Reporting to the Head of Operations- you will have full ownership over rider Support and Engagement - and is pivotal in driving the business forward in the Taiwan market. You need to be constantly innovating and iterating on processes within the department in order to drive efficiencies and improve the quality of service we provide to riders.
It demands an analytical, people-centric and entrepreneurial leader with a track-record of managing large teams. Deeply embedded within the operations processes of Deliveroo in Taiwan, Operations Project is central to our continued success through its impact on rider retention, the prompt activation of riders and the quality of support the riders receive.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and coaching our new process optimisation team
- Leading a team - introduce robust management processes and lead from the front
- Collaborating across the department and the wider business to roll out new processes
- Improving our service levels by continually seeking efficiency gains
- Fostering an environment of progression and continuous improvement
- Reports into:
- Head of Operations Taiwan
- Direct Reports:
- Team of 1-2 Associates
- We are looking for someone with at least 4-5 years of operations management, or consulting experience, with experience of managing large, multi-cultural teams.
- An attitude to ground your decision-making in data; you will combine your excellent analytical capabilities with strong business acumen to ensure you’re always working on the most impactful projects
- Strong data analytics skills, you’ll be able to interpret and present data to various audiences and translate quantitative findings into action plans.
- Process driven mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking.
- Proven operational and analytical experience previously.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
You'll Also Need To Be
- Inquisitive, curious and ready to challenge the status quo in a very fast-paced working environment.
- A confident critical-thinker that can jump into different problems and come up with tactical recommendations.
- Driven by impact and want to make change now – this is about prioritising correctly, making constant, quick iterations in real time to improve the business rather than build 5 year strategies.
- Happy doing some number-crunching – it's important to be able to quickly identify issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be. You'll need strong problem solving and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Experienced in hiring and building great teams on a large scale.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, whilst keeping calm and composed at the same time (particularly during a crisis).
- Confident in your communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation.
- Strong enough with stats and excel to separate the signal from the noise (as a lot of what we do is tested against the real world straight away).
BENEFITS & DIVERSITY
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Free Annual Medical Examinations
- Group Insurance for your and your immediate family
- Gym Subsidy
- Phone Allowance
- Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery for all orders
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Flat Hierachy
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.